Golf Thread

Not been on the golf thread for a while, how’s everyone’s season going ? I’ve played loads of golf this summer and loved it . Played Conwy last Sunday in perfect conditions, great course. Got my hcp down from 15.6 to 11-1. Decided to get some new clubs next month so I’ve booked a fitting at Birkdale Mizuno performance centre, really like the look of the Pro 225 but they are so expensive. Playing in my first Senior Open in October at Ulverston GC only £21 great way to play other courses at reasonable costs

Not been on the golf thread for a while, how’s everyone’s season going ? I’ve played loads of golf this summer and loved it . Played Conwy last Sunday in perfect conditions, great course. Got my hcp down from 15.6 to 11-1. Decided to get some new clubs next month so I’ve booked a fitting at Birkdale Mizuno performance centre, really like the look of the Pro 225 but they are so expensive. Playing in my first Senior Open in October at Ulverston GC only £21 great way to play other courses at reasonable costs
Well done on your h/c mate , going to play 9 today after a bit of an enforced 5week lay off.Conwy is a great course .

Made me laugh for all the wrong reasons lol committee thinking they know about greenkeeping and than in denial lol.

Didnt clean the tank than put double the correct rate of chemical down. But it's just one of those things lol. Er no it's not ! To say its 'just bad luck' is ridiculous.

The committee killed of seven greens lol if a greenkeeper had done that all hell would break lose, and probably lose their job.

The committee do it ' oh no ones to blame" well yes the committee is !.
Did the sprayer have the correct licence ?
Did they go against the legal dose rate ?
Did they spray in the write conditions ?

Why didnt they hire a contractor to spray ?

I would have thought New Zealand have very strict spraying laws and over dosing a chemical is a big environmental no no. Normally with big fines from the authorities.

The committee attitude to this seems bizarre unless in NZ they are very relaxed about the use of chemicals, and dont care about the environment.

In this country you would be in deep shit if you hadnt followed the label and correct procedure.

Last edited:
Little update from my iron fitting at Birkdale . After dozen or so warm up balls I hit 3 shots with the DNA shaft optimizer fitted to my 7 iron. This gives the fitter 3 shafts for me to try. KBS s taper lite Reg was what I tried with numerous club heads , tried Cobra , Callaway, Taylormade , Mizuno & Titleist.. He narrowed it down to 3 . Callaway, Cobra & Mizuno..
After a hour in the studio we then took the 3 chosen clubs out on to the grass driving range. Mizuno JPX 923 HM blew the other 2 away . Back to the studio , did the lie board which I was +2 , chose the grips - CP 2 wrap rounds .. All in all it was a fantastic day . Birkdale priced matched the cheapest on the internet which was Hotgolf . Clubs were delivered to me within 2 weeks. Best thing about the fitting was trying the club on grass with a mobile shot tracker . Since then I had a Putter fitting & driver fitting at Manchester GC . Went for Taylormade Spider GT putter & Mizuno STx 220 driver and again I love both . Get fitted folks if your serious about your golf

Going to give this a go again this year. Going straight in at the deep end with a 27 hole day on Sunday, a mate has dropped out of on a little tournament that they organised. Went to the range yesterday and like always, liked some shots and didn't like others. Will see how Sunday goes!

Already thinking about an upgrade as ive got decade old clubs (probably older) and something nice and shiny would probably get me out there more often. Going to get some lessons sorted as well.

Been looking around online and came across a few sets that seem to get good reviews but anyone here able to advise on any of these below. I want to spend around 250-300 on a set of irons basically.

Cobra King 2017 Forged Tec Iron Set - £210
4-PW+GW KBS STIFF

Wilson Staff D7 Forged Iron Set - £320
5-PW, KBS $-Taper Lite 95 Steel Shaft

PXG Gen 3 0311 T/STcombo irons KBS $ Taper 120 Stiff - £300
0311 T - 5 iron
0311 ST - 6-PW

Ping i500 Irons - £310
6-PW + UW. (1/2 inch shorter) this is a bit of a rogue one as ive not been fitted for clubs so this might be a terrible choice!

Cobra King Tec Forged One Length Black Irons Steel Shafts - £280 brand new.
5-PW

The only good golf is this one..

golf-gti-buyers-lead.jpg

Going to give this a go again this year. Going straight in at the deep end with a 27 hole day on Sunday, a mate has dropped out of on a little tournament that they organised. Went to the range yesterday and like always, liked some shots and didn't like others. Will see how Sunday goes!

Already thinking about an upgrade as ive got decade old clubs (probably older) and something nice and shiny would probably get me out there more often. Going to get some lessons sorted as well.

Been looking around online and came across a few sets that seem to get good reviews but anyone here able to advise on any of these below. I want to spend around 250-300 on a set of irons basically.

Cobra King 2017 Forged Tec Iron Set - £210
4-PW+GW KBS STIFF

Wilson Staff D7 Forged Iron Set - £320
5-PW, KBS $-Taper Lite 95 Steel Shaft

PXG Gen 3 0311 T/STcombo irons KBS $ Taper 120 Stiff - £300
0311 T - 5 iron
0311 ST - 6-PW

Ping i500 Irons - £310
6-PW + UW. (1/2 inch shorter) this is a bit of a rogue one as ive not been fitted for clubs so this might be a terrible choice!

Cobra King Tec Forged One Length Black Irons Steel Shafts - £280 brand new.
5-PW
Imho I would get the lessons sorted first then you may have a better idea of what shaft is more suitable . Unless you already know of course .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.