Golf Thread

Played 9 this afternoon, all temporaries but no problem, nice to stretch the legs. The wind was crazy though, the yardage book was useless.

A quick question re greens for no other reason than I'm interested. I am a returnee to golf after 30 years away from the game. Where I played, all flat soled and dimpled shoes were banned because of green compaction. Metal studs only. Now try to buy a pair of shoes with metal studs. Do the new shoes make compaction a bigger problem?

Desperate to play this weekend.
Only played 22 times in 2022, luckily my subs are paid for by a client otherwise it would not be worth it.
This is the year I get my 21 down to 18 or under - I can feel it.

A quick question re greens for no other reason than I'm interested. I am a returnee to golf after 30 years away from the game. Where I played, all flat soled and dimpled shoes were banned because of green compaction. Metal studs only. Now try to buy a pair of shoes with metal studs. Do the new shoes make compaction a bigger problem?
Not heard that one before, it was usually the other way around. I can't remember the last time I saw a pair of golf shoes for sale with metal studs.

Last time i had a pair of metal spikes on was at Ramside GC . We were all told we wasn’t allowed to play unless they swap them for us for soft spikes . That must of been 25 years ago .

Masters 2024

If Scheffler turns up with his putter, he wins - little value at 9/2. I like Brian Harman at 66/1 and Russell Hendly at 80s.

Bookies running scared like they did with Faldo and Woods, best to look for some ew value with someone with a bit of form.
My one wish is for a bit of dry weather so we can get off temporary greens, never seen anything like it weather wise.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.