Ricardo Rodriguez £20m
Paul Pogba £60m
Gareth Bale £60m

Promote:
Ian Lawlor
Jason Denayer
Marcos Lopes
Kelechi Iheanacho

.....................................................Hart.......................................................

.....Zabaleta.............Kompany...............Mangala.............Rodriguez.....

.....................................Pogba...................Toure......................................

...........Bale..................................Silva..................................Nasri............

...................................................Aguero....................................................

kun said:
Nathaniel Clyne £15m
Ricardo Rodriguez £20m
Paul Pogba £60m
Gareth Bale £60m

Promote:
Ian Lawlor
Jason Denayer
Marcos Lopes
Kelechi Iheanacho

.....................................................Hart.......................................................

.....Zabaleta.............Kompany...............Mangala.............Rodriguez.....

.....................................Pogba...................Toure......................................

...........Bale..................................Silva..................................Nasri............

...................................................Aguero....................................................

that has the potential of being even more open than toure and fernandinho...

bluechampion7891 said:
kun said:
Nathaniel Clyne £15m
Ricardo Rodriguez £20m
Paul Pogba £60m
Gareth Bale £60m

Promote:
Ian Lawlor
Jason Denayer
Marcos Lopes
Kelechi Iheanacho

Nathaniel Clyne £15m
Ricardo Rodriguez £20m
Morgan Schneiderlin £20m
Paul Pogba £60m
Gareth Bale £60m

Promote:
Ian Lawlor
Jason Denayer
Marcos Lopes
Kelechi Iheanacho

...............................................Schneiderlin...............................................

.................................Pogba...........................Toure..................................

...........Bale............................................................................Silva.............

kun said:
bluechampion7891 said:
kun said:
Nathaniel Clyne £15m
Ricardo Rodriguez £20m
Paul Pogba £60m
Gareth Bale £60m

Promote:
Ian Lawlor
Jason Denayer
Marcos Lopes
Kelechi Iheanacho

Nathaniel Clyne £15m
Ricardo Rodriguez £20m
Morgan Schneiderlin £20m
Paul Pogba £60m
Gareth Bale £60m

Promote:
Ian Lawlor
Jason Denayer
Marcos Lopes
Kelechi Iheanacho

...............................................Schneiderlin...............................................

.................................Pogba...........................Toure..................................

...........Bale............................................................................Silva.............

far far better, much more balance

I hope we choose quality over quantity; 2-3 excellent/world class signings are far better than 5-6 normal squad players (where we end-up later trying to get rid of most of them!).

Addressing our Midfield should be the priority.

Outlaw said:
I hope we choose quality over quantity; 2-3 excellent/world class signings are far better than 5-6 normal squad players (where we end-up later trying to get rid of most of them!).

I agree, but the reality is that we need both. Milner and Lampard are both gonna be out. There seems to be little evidence that we have 2 youth players capable of filling their shoes at this point in time (or they'd already be regularly in the squad now and getting games). Obviously we could get Stirling and Bale, and that'd have us covered on both fronts, but I'm not sure how realistic that is (I'm not convinced Real would sell Bale for a big loss after just 2 seasons). But yeah, if there are homegrown players who are capable of being key parts of our team, we should always be in for them.

But fuck me, imagine Bale and Stirling either side of Aguero. That would be Ribery and Robben standard in time.

I'm With Stupid said:
Outlaw said:

I agree, but the reality is that we need both. Milner and Lampard are both gonna be out. There seems to be little evidence that we have 2 youth players capable of filling their shoes at this point in time (or they'd already be regularly in the squad now and getting games). Obviously we could get Stirling and Bale, and that'd have us covered on both fronts, but I'm not sure how realistic that is (I'm not convinced Real would sell Bale for a big loss after just 2 seasons). But yeah, if there are homegrown players who are capable of being key parts of our team, we should always be in for them.

But fuck me, imagine Bale and Stirling either side of Aguero. That would be Ribery and Robben standard in time.

at the very least, we need world class CM and 1 world class wide player to compete in top 4 next season

honestly though, I feel we need at least 3 if not all 4 (depending on the formation we want to play) world class players for the first XI of the following type if we aim to challenge in europe and for the title:

- a box to box creative or attacking central midfielder - someone to control the game or to compliment someone who controls/runs the game (Gundogan, Koke, Pogba)

- a box to box defensive midfielder (Schniderlin, Kondogbia)

- a tricky wide player - someone who dribbles or can beat a man consistently while chipping in with goals and assists. (De Bryune, Sterling, Messi (lol))

- a pacy goal-scoring winger or wide forward - someone who doesn't necessarily use ball control to dribble past players but can knock it past opponents to beat them and score goals (Reus, Bale, Lacazette (more of a striker), Depay (unproven but loads of potential))

then we move on to players who should be members of the first XI by the end of the season but will start as squad players. I feel both fullback positions need refreshing, Zabba has gone downward alarmingly and we can do better than both Kolarov and Clichy
- left back (Gaya, Ricardo Rodriguez)
- right back (Clyne)

In addition, depending on whether we move fernando and/or dzeko in the summer, backup CM and striker:
- CM (zuculini or give the spot to an EDS guy)
- striker (Iheanacho or someone cheap who doesnt mind being on the bench a lot (like drogba at chelsea))

yellamcfc said:
I think it's time we did spend big, even if it means we suffer more (severe) UEFA restrictions, possibly even a ban.
This team has gone stale, so if we don't improve the situation this summer, we could end up missing out on Champions League qualification for a couple of seasons anyway.
We need some young, hungry British talent. They may not have the cultural flare the foreign players show, but what they replace it with is heart, desire and passion.
I don't need to name the players that need shipping out, we all know who they are!

I'd love to see this line up next August, no matter what it costs. We also need to start bringing through some of the better EDS players to fill out the squad. Give them some game time in the cups at least.

.................................................... Hart .........................................................

... Zabaleta ............ Kompany .................. Mangala .................. Clichy ....

............................................... Schneiderlin .................................................

.......................... Koke/Pogba ........................ Silva .....................................

.... Sterling ....................................................................................... Bale ....

.................................................... Aguero .....................................................

We cannot endure anymore abject performances like we had yesterday, that was spineless.
With a new, younger manager at the helm with a plan A and B, or at least some tactical nous to change formation now and again.
It may be a breath of fresh air to see this team next season, albeit a pipe dream, but hey ho, one can dream.
Make it happen!!!!!

Excellent team that, especially if the back 5 can improve on this season (which shouldn't be hard)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.