Good news: City ready to spend big again

bluemoon27 said:
ok a good idea in theory so long as a certain Mr Pellegrini isn't given the money just look at his signings to date
Has he signed them though?

we have spent big on quite a few players. they've all been average. We need to start investing smartly in young players with the potential to be world class, so players like isco, sterling would have been great. We need some players that actually care about the club not players who are here just for money swell

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
we have spent big on quite a few players. they've all been average. We need to start investing smartly in young players with the potential to be world class, so players like isco, sterling would have been great. We need some players that actually care about the club not players who are here just for money swell
Players don't care about the club, fans do. We simply need to get players who have pride in their game. Fuck caring about the club, care about your performance.

We have missed out in a few good players and did not go after a few others. In fairness we did well 2 summers ago. Negredo, Dihno, Demichelis, and Navas were good buys. Jovetic was the only poor buy. And injury played a role in that. Even though, the purchase itself made no sense at the time, as he fit no specific need, was a tweener. He's talent might have paid off, but injury foiled that. So overall that was a good haul.

This summer was a pretty shit haul. the goalie was a foreigner ( a dumb decision considering our restriction on foreign import). Fernando was a good decision, just didn't work out. Mangala was a poor decision as we were spending money on a position that wasn't a need. Even if he turns a great signing, the decision will still have been a poor one. Right player, wrong timing. Sagna was the other good decision, a free transfer backup, Lampard too was a good decision. Free loanie. But overall the fact that only Mangala ( the actual bad decision) was a long term addition, makes thi a terrible window. The addition of Bony adds to the Malaise. Just an unnecessary addition. May help now but will be problematic once the summer comes. And became a problem in fitting everyone into the CL team. The Caballero effect :(

remember arthur mann said:
Doesn't make any difference what you spend if the tactics are wrong.

Well if Mourinho played Chelsea's tactics with Burnely's players, I'd suggest the only team he would beat would be us, & if Van Gaal tried his shit, they'd already be relegated, so I recon it does matter quite a bit. I doubt Barca would be playing their system with Barton, Phil Jones & Kevin Nolan in midfield.

It would make a huge difference to this team, & tactics, to get some more life & vitality into it, provided those players are of sufficient quality.

It was obviously the case that we had to calm down a bit & also we had to buy a few non glamour players to do the boring jobs. Now, with our best attacking players getting older/stale it's reaching the stage where signings may become exciting again.

SuperBlu said:
I think we need to spend big on attacking midfielders only this summer.

I'd honestly go for a couple of high quality, proven, all round midfielders first of all, players who can be a good base to work from both defensively and in an attacking sense with and without the ball and influence the game, we have plenty of quality and ideas in Aguero, Silva, Nasri and Toure (if he stays) going forward imo.

I have read so many posts only to discover that no one seems show the slightest glimmer of light for city in the coming summer. Most of us would suggest an unrealistic FM type squad while others present squads that would either leave us in status quo or make us regress. Are we saying there's no hope this summer? I don't want to believe that and so I put this team together: great albeit realistic

Hart
Zabaleta Kompany Demichelis Clichy
Schneiderlin Koke
De Bruyne Silva Bale
Aguero

Caballero and Johananssen
Sagna Mangala Denayer and Rekik EDS LB (help me here)
Fern Fern
Navas Iheanacho and Pozo Lopes
Bony

Sch 35
Koke 48
DBr 38
Bale 85
Total 206 pounds

Yaya, Kolarov and Jojo 48
Nasri 15
Dzeko 18
Sinclair 3
Total 84 pounds

Net 122 million bucks

Is that too much?

Why buy sterling if he wants 100+k a week, he's not even world class... might as well spend that money on someone else who's better and looking even more promising

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.