Good news: City ready to spend big again

Re: £200 million available in summer

Richard said:
Ballertelli said:
Rorz88 said:
This is pretty much what I said in the future signings thread. would like either Gaya or Rodriquez at left back and Clyne at right back. I think it would be better if we sold Nasri and kept Navas to be honest.

Idk how you could think navas is better than nasri, I'm struggling to think of the last time navas has played well enough to justify playing for us. He brings nothing to the table except pace....

Pace that we don't really have an abundance of.

Navas has the most assists for us this year, and is top of the chances created list too. Stats speak for themselves.

I agree that we need more pace, but I want for talent to go along with the speed, and he may have the most assists but most pros can match his crossing ability... He also rarely beats players with dribbling and has a relatively pathetic shot. Maybe I'm alone in this thought but I'm much more excited when kolarov gets the ball on the left wing than when navas gets it on the right, he's just so predictable....

Ballertelli said:
Richard said:
Ballertelli said:
Idk how you could think navas is better than nasri, I'm struggling to think of the last time navas has played well enough to justify playing for us. He brings nothing to the table except pace....

Navas has the most assists for us this year, and is top of the chances created list too. Stats speak for themselves.

I agree that we need more pace, but I want for talent to go along with the speed, and he may have the most assists but most pros can match his crossing ability... He also rarely beats players with dribbling and has a relatively pathetic shot. Maybe I'm alone in this thought but I'm much more excited when kolarov gets the ball on the left wing than when navas gets it on the right, he's just so predictable....

Im not saying that Navas is better than Nasri because he is not. But its like racing a Ferrari against a punto, if you don't use the Ferrari to its full potential (which Nasri rarely does) then there is no point in having one. So Nasri not playing to his full potential is pointless having. At least With Navas in the squad, he offers pace, assists and he works damn hard ! Put nasri in a Central position with minimal defensive duties and he'll be great.

Rorz88 said:
Ballertelli said:
Richard said:

Im not saying that Navas is better than Nasri because he is not. But its like racing a Ferrari against a punto, if you don't use the Ferrari to its full potential (which Nasri rarely does) then there is no point in having one. So Nasri not playing to his full potential is pointless having. At least With Navas in the squad, he offers pace, assists and he works damn hard ! Put nasri in a Central position with minimal defensive duties and he'll be great.

I think nasri is quality and can shine when we don't need to rely on him. That being said Id let him go for the right price, like a swap and cash for matuidi or veratti to psg who seems like the most interested party

Ballertelli said:
Rorz88 said:
Ballertelli said:

I think nasri is quality and can shine when we don't need to rely on him. That being said Id let him go for the right price, like a swap and cash for matuidi or veratti to psg who seems like the most interested party

Honestly, I wont want to have any player like that

As far as navas v nasri goes, we can improve upon nasri a lot, and I would say navas would provide something different from the bench while not being as expensive or luxurious as nasri

Koke, Pogba, Clyne and Sterling ;)

Blood Gunn, Ihenacheo, Denayer, Rekik and Lopes

Players out; Wright, Caballero, Sagna, Lampard, Fernando, Milner, Sinclair, Jovetic, Guidetti

NorthEastScotlandMCFC said:
Koke, Pogba, Clyne and Sterling ;)

Blood Gunn, Ihenacheo, Denayer, Rekik and Lopes

Players out; Wright, Caballero, Sagna, Lampard, Fernando, Milner, Sinclair, Jovetic, Guidetti

Add a left back like Rodriguez and that would be a great transfer window, but I think we'll lose more players... Yaya and dzeko hopefully. Would love to straight swap Džeko and de bruyne

kun said:
ojeme said:
Anybody heard that City plans to spend as much as £200 this summer? If so the next step would be how do we get value for money so that we don't waste money any further like we've been accustomed to doing in the last couple of years. I have decided to come up with the following in a sort of 4-3-3 setting with Pogba stirring the attack:

Hart
Zabaleta Kompany Mangala Clichy
Koke Pogba Schneiderlin
Bale Aguero Lacezette

Myhill, Johanssen
Sagna Denayer Demichelis Kolarov
Fernandinho Fernando
Navas Silva, Pozo Lopes
Bony, Ihenacho

Pogba 75 million pounds
Koke 48
Bale 75
Schneiderlin 27
Lacazette 40

Total 265

Yaya 20
Dzeko 15
Nasri 15
Jovetic 15
Nastasic 5
Sinclair 2

Total 72

Net spend £193 million
What's your say?
How can you not start Silva?

Gareth Bale, 25, Real Madrid - £60m (€82m) / or Raheem Sterling, 20, Liverpool - £40m
Paul Pogba, 21, Juventus - £50m (€68m)
Koke, 23, Atletico Madrid - £43m (€60m)
Ricardo Rodriguez, 23, Wolfsburg - £25m (€34m)
Nathaniel Clyne, 23, Southampton - £15m
Kasper Schmeichel, 28, Leicester - £3m / or any homegrown backup keeper

Maybe sign a couple of young English players and loan them out (Luke Garbutt, Joe Gomez, Louis Reed, Patrick Roberts, Zach Clough etc)

Circa £200m

Alvaro Negredo, 29 - £25m
Stevan Jovetic, 25 - £20m
Jesus Navas, 29 - £8m
Fernando, 27 - £8m
Aleksandar Kolarov, 29 - £8m
Matija Nastasic, 21 - £7m
Karim Rekik, 20 - £6m
Willy Caballero, 34 - £2m
Bacary Sagna, 32 - £2m
Scott Sinclair, 25 - £2m
Dedryck Boyata, 24 - £1m
Richard Wright, 37 - Released
Frank Lampard, 36 - Released
James Milner, 29 - Released (assuming we can't get him to sign a new contract)
Micah Richards, 26 - Released
John Guidetti, 22 - Released

Circa £90m

Hart, Schmeichel, (Lawlor)
Zabaleta, Clyne
Kompany, Mangala, Demichelis, (Denayer)
Rodriguez, Clichy
Pogba, Koke, Toure, Fernandinho, (Evans)
Silva, Bale, Nasri, (Lopes), (Barker)
Aguero, Bony, Dzeko, (Iheanacho)

Homegrown
Club trained
(Under 21)

This is probably too much, but a squad reshuffle is necessary IMO as this squad is beginning to go stale. 1 or 2 good signings would paper over the cracks for a little while but we need to rejuvenate the squad as much as we can this summer.

"How can you not start Silva"

I admit that was a tough one but in all honesty I don't think the system MP the boss favours is one that suits a player like Silva. If you cannot force him to play a 4-2-3-1 (where Silva would flourish in the hole) or not to play 2 out-to-outs, then you can't compel him not to play Silva out wide. So where does that leave us?
The only option I can come up with is playing him in CM the way Carzola is being used lately although along with 2 CMs (so to say) so that we can have this sort of line up:

Hart
Zabaleta Kompany Mangala Rodriguez
Pogba Schneiderlin Silva
Bale Aguero Lacezette

The reason why I can hypothesize a 4-3-3 us because I know that's the Sporting Director's favored system and probably they can armtwist him ("probably" is emphasized). In a 4-2-3-1 though i'd be glad if we looked like this:

Hart
Zabaleta Kompany Mangala Rodriguez
Pogba Schneiderlin
De Bruyne Silva Bale
Aguero/Bony

Two more thoughts: Alvaro's money has already been spent on Bony and then Bale is the real deal. He's not the complete package but Silva is not too and infact hardly anybody is. Bale will be playing in the EPL where his attributes give you that impression that he was heaven-sent to the EPL. Even in Spain where he's been heavily criticized, his goal turn has been hugely impressive for a wide forward player, better than Neymar's I suppose (you must also remember that Madrid fans are the most unforgiving). I'd personally have him for 75 million and i'd tell you what would happen if we have a front 4 consisting of Sterling, Silva, De Bruyne and Aguero: when they come up against very physical and tough defenders they'd be bullied out of games
It's sad that Madrid inflated his price but you know it would be more sad if Chelski or rags get their hands on him

^Dude Silva can play as a #10 in both a 4231 and a 433, he can play left or right forward in a 433 and he has even played as a striker for Spain. His finishing lets him down hence he has mostly been deployed in a midfield role

For city, he has spent most of his career as drifting left midfielder, although I'd prefer him to be used in the above scenarios he has been a superb success for city everywhere he has played

Aguero (27) and Silva (29) are the players who we should target our rebuild around. Silva is a genuinely world class play maker, his so called lack of success in Europe has more to do with City's failings than with Silva (unlike Yaya - top PL player for the best part of 5 years but average European player).

bluechampion7891 said:
^Dude Silva can play as a #10 in both a 4231 and a 433, he can play left or right forward in a 433 and he has even played as a striker for Spain. His finishing lets him down hence he has mostly been deployed in a midfield role

For city, he has spent most of his career as drifting left midfielder, although I'd prefer him to be used in the above scenarios he has been a superb success for city everywhere he has played

Aguero (27) and Silva (29) are the players who we should target our rebuild around. Silva is a genuinely world class play maker, his so called lack of success in Europe has more to do with City's failings than with Silva (unlike Yaya - top PL player for the best part of 5 years but average European player).

Agreed
However there's a difference between somebody able to to play in a position because of sheer talent and another well suited for the role. I'd rate Alexis and Hazard over and above Silva at the moment not necessarily because they are better but because they are round pegs in round holes unlike Silva (no fault of his). Yes I know where Silva plays for City, positions he's played in their national team but I also know his struggles in that wide role. The right thing to do is to build the new squad around his strengths but I wish you (no I) were the manager. We can only trust that the best decisions will be reached.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.