Good news: City ready to spend big again

Azul Luna said:
Ballertelli said:
The biggest thing is we just don't have HEART and I don't think breaking the bank is the solution, unless someone truly worth it becomes available like bale or pogba. What Id do:

- Dzeko for De Bruyne (absolute monster, carried belgium and is murdering the bundesliga, and most importantly is young and HOMEGROWN)
- get rid of yaya to the highest bidder even if its chelsea, he's done with city and he shows it on the field
- Do whatever we can to keep Milner, so underrated and our workhorse
-sell Jovetic back to serie A; like him but just doesnt fit the system and would bring some serious $$
- Try to keep nasri, but if he must go try to swap him for matuidi or preferably veratti
-bring youth players up! denayer, rekik, pozo, iheanacho, lopes, zuculini... whoever is ready
-buy some youth right back to help zaba, and to learn from zaba before we run him into the ground
-sell the weak links: navas, fernando, kolarov, demi, boyata, negredo, nasty, caballero, sinclair etc.

We need to rebuild, not just buy the big name players to bandage a sick team... Id throw away next season to actually fix the problems rather than buy temporary fixes which just procrastinate the inevitable

Im not sure Jovetic would bring in serious money at all. No more than 18m imo, and even that would be great business.

Maybe I'm just being naive but I think Jovetic's price hasnt dropped that much. In the right team like Juve he could be lethal and could get 20+

Ballertelli said:
The biggest thing is we just don't have HEART and I don't think breaking the bank is the solution, unless someone truly worth it becomes available like bale or pogba. What Id do:

- Dzeko for De Bruyne (absolute monster, carried belgium and is murdering the bundesliga, and most importantly is young and HOMEGROWN)
- get rid of yaya to the highest bidder even if its chelsea, he's done with city and he shows it on the field
-sell Jovetic back to serie A; like him but just doesnt fit the system and would bring some serious $$
- Try to keep nasri, but if he must go try to swap him for matuidi or preferably veratti
-bring youth players up! denayer, rekik, pozo, iheanacho, lopes, zuculini... whoever is ready
-buy some youth right back to help zaba, and to learn from zaba before we run him into the ground
-sell the weak links: navas, fernando, kolarov, demi, boyata, negredo, nasty, caballero, sinclair etc.
- Avoid buying english overpriced players like kane and barkley, maybe buy wilshere or sterling if the price is right which it probably won't
- As for manager I have the feeling we're preparing Vierra and pellegrini should be given more chances at least until we want vierra

We need to rebuild, not just buy the big name players to bandage a sick team... Id throw away next season to actually fix the problems rather than buy temporary fixes which just procrastinate the inevitable
a. de Bruyne is NOT homegrown.
b. Yaya is by no means done, if we choose to hold on to him.
c. I'm pretty sure we have/are trying our best with Milner, he wants out.
d. Jovetic won't bring in much, £20m at the very most.
e. What if none of those youth players are 'ready'. And how do you define 'ready' anyway?
f. Demichelis, a weak link? Don't make me laugh. Also, he's just signed a new contract so won't be going anywhere.
g. "Avoid buying English overpriced players" "maybe buy wilshere"
h. Vieira is tactically inept, even at U21 level. Great player, poor manager.
i. If you want players with heart, why don't we just sign Barton, Wilshere, Pepe and Bellamy?

Be made up if we ended up getting pogba or de bruyne i'd be made up, its far from being impossible as well by the looks of things.

As for the English names that are being thrown about recently, i wouldnt pay over the for players like sterling or barkley or bale...its hit and miss if they'd do well here or not. I reckon sterling would actually do the more efficient job out of the 3 for me, but dippers would want over the top for him cause he's young, he's english and cause it us.

We shouldnt be paying more than 25 mil (ish) for any them players mentioned if we did go in for them. But if we did it'd most probably be nearer double that for each imo, especially sterling or bale.

kun said:
Ballertelli said:

- Avoid buying english overpriced players like kane and barkley, maybe buy wilshere or sterling if the price is right which it probably won't
- As for manager I have the feeling we're preparing Vierra and pellegrini should be given more chances at least until we want vierra

e. What if none of those youth players are 'ready'. And how do you define 'ready' anyway?
f. Demichelis, a weak link? Don't make me laugh. Also, he's just signed a new contract so won't be going anywhere.
i. If you want players with heart, why don't we just sign Barton, Wilshere, Pepe and Bellamy?

a. Yeah my bad with de bruyne was misinformed
b. I hate only looking at one game but his performance against barca was just sad... He's not what he was last year and every year we don't cash in on him his price declines massively (in my opinion) and again he's a baby.
e. I define ready as good enough to play against most bpl teams maybe minus the top 6-7, and if they aren't then maybe we we lose some games with them in but first team experience is so important.
f. Yeah I believe he is, at least on the european front... Maybe not a weak link but he's not going to get any better as he ages and Idk how much longer he can keep up with the speed of the bpl.
g. at the right price was the key part of that.
h. I have no idea about his skills, just commenting on the fact that I think the club is thinking that.
i. If you dont think heart and passion is important you must not have played any sports over the age of 8

I also think we need some fast and talented wingers, thats why i think sterling bale reus etc would be worth maybe overpaying slightly... tried to get that with navas but he just doesnt bring much to the table other than pure pace

kun said:
Ballertelli said:

Good post except for 'i', Wilshere? Heart? He rolls over in the big games waiting to have his tummy tickled. Did you mean to put someone else in there?

£200 million available in summer

Anybody heard that City plans to spend as much as £200 this summer? If so the next step would be how do we get value for money so that we don't waste money any further like we've been accustomed to doing in the last couple of years. I have decided to come up with the following in a sort of 4-3-3 setting with Pogba stirring the attack:

Hart
Zabaleta Kompany Mangala Clichy
Koke Pogba Schneiderlin
Bale Aguero Lacezette

Myhill, Johanssen
Sagna Denayer Demichelis Kolarov
Fernandinho Fernando
Navas Silva, Pozo Lopes
Bony, Ihenacho

Pogba 75 million pounds
Koke 48
Bale 75
Schneiderlin 27
Lacazette 40

Total 265

Yaya 20
Dzeko 15
Nasri 15
Jovetic 15
Nastasic 5
Sinclair 2

Total 72

Net spend £193 million
What's your say?

Re: £200 million available in summer

Lacazette wouldn't be nowhere that expensive

Surely this thread belongs in here?

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=311201" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=10&t=311201</a>

£200 million available in summer

Anybody heard that City plans to spend as much as £200 this summer? If so the next step would be how do we get value for money so that we don't waste money any further like we've been accustomed to doing in the last couple of years. I have decided to come up with the following in a sort of 4-3-3 setting with Pogba stirring the attack:

Hart
Koke Pogba Schneiderlin
Bale Aguero Lacezette

Myhill, Johanssen
Fernandinho Fernando
Navas Silva, Pozo Lopes
Bony, Ihenacho

Pogba 75 million pounds
Koke 48
Bale 75
Schneiderlin 27
Lacazette 40

Total 265

Yaya 20
Dzeko 15
Nasri 15
Jovetic 15
Nastasic 5
Sinclair 2

Total 72

Net spend £193 million
What's your say?

ojeme said:

Hart
Koke Pogba Schneiderlin
Bale Aguero Lacezette

Myhill, Johanssen
Fernandinho Fernando
Navas Silva, Pozo Lopes
Bony, Ihenacho

Pogba 75 million pounds
Koke 48
Bale 75
Schneiderlin 27
Lacazette 40

Total 265

Yaya 20
Dzeko 15
Nasri 15
Jovetic 15
Nastasic 5
Sinclair 2

Total 72

Net spend £193 million
What's your say?
Poor, not only would you spend half the budget on average Bale. You wouldn't improve the left back situation, Koralov is poor, Clichy isn't to bad but it's an area that is easy to see needs improvement? But of course you wouldn't fix that with a 200 million budget.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.