Good result.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
Rahart said:
I am concentrating on our own season, my point is that the others won today, we lost more ground..again.
And I'm sorry but on one hand we're hoping to challenge for the top, and on the other we regard a point at Stoke a good result.
Which City are we supposed to be, because that is the attitude of old, and there's absolutely no way whatsoever, that we should consider that a good result. It's the bare minimum we'll take.

well you're just arrogant thinking we should win every game and that it's unacceptable if we don't.

Nobody goes to Stoke and scores a great win, United steal them, so do Chelsea, we just made a mistake at the end that cost us.

We should focus on winning our home games as our away form is more than good enough at the moment. Our home form isn't.

I'm not thinking we should win/deserve to win ever game. We need to work hard, and play our game as well as we can, I'm just saying that the likes of Chelsea wouldn't regard 1 point against Stoke a good result, not if we're looking to challenge for the top.
IF we want to be successful, we should focus on winning every game, like the successful teams.

In reality we should look to win every game, ya of course we wont, but we shouldn't be happy with a point against weaker teams we expect to put away, especially the way we lost the win today.
Stoke put up a hell of a fight and all credit to them, I'm just saying, that while a point is positive, it's not a good result.

Rahart said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
well you're just arrogant thinking we should win every game and that it's unacceptable if we don't.

Nobody goes to Stoke and scores a great win, United steal them, so do Chelsea, we just made a mistake at the end that cost us.

We should focus on winning our home games as our away form is more than good enough at the moment. Our home form isn't.

I'm not thinking we should win/deserve to win ever game. We need to work hard, and play our game as well as we can, I'm just saying that the likes of Chelsea wouldn't regard 1 point against Stoke a good result, not if we're looking to challenge for the top.
IF we want to be successful, we should focus on winning every game, like the successful teams.

In reality we should look to win every game, ya of course we wont, but we shouldn't be happy with a point against weaker teams we expect to put away, especially the way we lost the win today.
Stoke put up a hell of a fight and all credit to them, I'm just saying, that while a point is positive, it's not a good result.

a point was a fair result, the only reason it isn't good is because it was a last minute goal.

We aren't Chelsea, Man U yet, we're just not, we don't have that reputation or mentality. Blackburn came to us and got a 1-1, went to OT and lost 7-1, partly down to tactics, luck etc. but also because United's reputation gets ingrained in the opposition and they falter.

If we have any pretence to win anything this should be viewed as 2 points dropped especially when we are winning going into injury time but if anyone would have said we were going to get 4 points out 2 away games would we have been happy with that?

we should win every game always all the time everywhere

you know just like we always have

just like every team does

otherwise it simply is not good enough

;-)

JoeMercer'sWay said:
Rahart said:

a point was a fair result, the only reason it isn't good is because it was a last minute goal.

We aren't Chelsea, Man U yet, we're just not, we don't have that reputation or mentality. Blackburn came to us and got a 1-1, went to OT and lost 7-1, partly down to tactics, luck etc. but also because United's reputation gets ingrained in the opposition and they falter.

We've spent the money, we've developed the team, we've given them time, now is the time we, all teams need to start putting their foot down, the better teams will push on, while the pretenders will fall away.
United won 7-1 today, you could argue how good they were or how bad Blackburn were, but the way they played, it wasn't luck, 2-1 luck, 7-1..it was their best performance this season, they've been poor but have gotten results, the papers, no doubt will go into overdrive on how they're back to their best, but they always believe, no matter what anyone says, we need to believe in ourself, stop falling over ourselves in fury with what the papers are saying, and just get on with it and prove to everyone why we are potential challengers.

And we shouldn't be happy today, we dropped two points, or at least that's the way we should be viewing it.

2 away games, 4 points. Played well in one and not so well in the other.

Bring on Bolton and the Hammers. 2 games we can win.

Long way to go yet

Rahart said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:

We've spent the money, we've developed the team, we've given them time, now is the time we, all teams need to start putting their foot down, the better teams will push on, while the pretenders will fall away.
United won 7-1 today, you could argue how good they were or how bad Blackburn were, but the way they played, it wasn't luck, 2-1 luck, 7-1..it was their best performance this season, they've been poor but have gotten results, the papers, no doubt will go into overdrive on how they're back to their best, but they always believe, no matter what anyone says, we need to believe in ourself, stop falling over ourselves in fury with what the papers are saying, and just get on with it and prove to everyone why we are potential challengers.

And we shouldn't be happy today, we dropped two points, or at least that's the way we should be viewing it.

they've won trophies for years, we haven't, we're just seen as big spenders.

If United hadn't had a bit of luck and some shite defending today it would only have been 2 or 3-1, they weren't that good.

I do believe in us, the papers have a media agenda because we make them money when they use us for a story, and I put Stoke in my top 4 toughest away games.

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
brian the blue said:
No. Its not a good result is it?

We were 90 seconds away from 3 points and we leave with 1.

Think about it.

I agree BtheB. Was a good result LAST season. We should be taking the whole three points, and the fact that we could have lost the one we got says as much about how good we are, regardless of the quality of football that gets played.
My mate is a rag. I have to live with him. It isn't the best. I watched it on a stream yesterday and we were 1 up with a minute to go. He said, this is exactly what you should be doing, beating Stoke. Well they went and scored and that lot won 7-1 was it? He had a point. We should be beating them, but it aint as easy as that, is it? I think we played well 2nd half but didn't really merit 3 points. Canb't argue with anything RM or the players did (even Kolo - I'd have hoofed it too).

BlueSinclair said:
I'm not sure I'd say its a good result, more like ok'ish. But the way it happened it feels like a loss for many of us, and rightly so, we threw it away rookie style - but that is nothing new for us and city.

One positive thing could be now even the most deluded and optimistic will see that challenging for the title this year, is incredible unrealistic. Because this is exactly the matches we need to win to challenge. A draw could work for top 4 though. But the way spurs has been playing compared to us, I'm not too optimistic.

I understand your point and think in most seasons it would be true. Things are different this season though. You could just as easily say that Chelsea would need to be not losing at home to Sunderland to win the league or that games like Fulham away and WBA at home are games united really need to be winning to challenge for the Prem. Basically there is no outstanding team this season, everyone is slipping up all over the place. We are still in touch and as long as we are, we have a chance. Having said all that, I am a pessimist and I very much doubt we'll win it. I wouldn't have thought it will be a draw at Stoke that we will be blaming though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.