GOOD RIDDANCE.....SETANTA>>>GOING BUST!!!

quiet_riot said:
pee dubya said:
quiet_riot said:
pee dubya said:
This is very bad news, competition is a good thing.

But when you have to pay Sky anyway in order to get Setanta, what's the point? It just means the consumer is paying more for a product (football viewing) than having a clear 'choice', seeing as they don;t show the same games anyway.

We don't, get it on Virgin. Plus the competition is good for the clubs as well, not necessarily the just the customers.

So you pay Virgin first before you can pay Setanta.

Besides, it's not competition like 'oh which chocolate bar do I buy to taste chocolate' ...if you want to watch every possible game, you have to have both subscriptions, therefore paying more than we were before.

Daft in my opinion.

Well if sky have a complete monopoly over Premierleague football that everyone wants to watch, they basically have the license to shaft their customers. If people still want to watch they'll have to pay the price sky charge. At least the fact that Setanta offer an altertative means that they have to keep their prices reasonable.

I don't know how much the different subscriptions are, we get Setanta included in our Virgin package and pay extra for skysports.

Danamy said:
5knuckleshuffle said:
Anyone who has tried cancelling their contract will know exactly what i mean.

I know exactly what you mean!! :(
Have seen this complaint a lot, though I don't really see what the problem is. Just as with any other company write to them giving the required notice period, phone your bank and tell them to cancel the direct debit at the right time, the end.

ESPN will see this as a route into UK Sports broadcasting. Hopefully they can give Sky some competition.

Don't like setanta but we shouldn't mock it's demise. After all a lot of people will be made unemployed. Although I won't be crying over Craig Burley's unemployed status :) Hopefully, James Richardson will be snapped up by SKY

Why doesn't someone just embrace cheap, decent quality streaming of games and make a mint?

sweep said:
Danamy said:
5knuckleshuffle said:
Anyone who has tried cancelling their contract will know exactly what i mean.

I know exactly what you mean!! :(
Have seen this complaint a lot, though I don't really see what the problem is. Just as with any other company write to them giving the required notice period, phone your bank and tell them to cancel the direct debit at the right time, the end.

I can see you've never tried doing it mate. Not as easy as it sounds. Dunno what Setanta are like, but Sky are useless. Like when you get bills through the post and added charges for failed DDs when you've cancelled the contract months ago, and had letter acknowledging its cancelled. Or accidentally taking too much every month and having to ring them to get a manual refund EVERY FUCKING MONTH FOR 9 MONTHS, because they're too fucking thick to finally sort the problem out!!! Or failing to tell me that when upgrading to another service (Sky+) automatically starts a new 12 months contract, deliberately misleading me. Fuck me I hate the wankers, and if there was any real alternative I wouldn't go anywhere near Sky ever!!!!!!!!! Grrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit: oh yeah, and apologising for all the problems and promising to send a £10 goodwill gesture, then not doing! And they insisted they had when I told them! They're just a bunch of con artists.

quiet_riot said:
Why doesn't someone just embrace cheap, decent quality streaming of games and make a mint?
I beleive sky are doing so for xbox aren't they? As I say though as long as theres no serious competition it will definitely not come cheap.

Shame, some quality viewing on the Setanta channels. Hope they sort themselves out.

Don't get it here, but if someone can step in (ESPN?) and open up options for those of us in the states it would be great. FSC carried a decent number of games, but I had to watch more than half of our games on the web...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.