Goodbye Manchester

Bark lake. Barry’s Bay, Ontario.
It’s stunning mate, I’ve only been to Canada once but did the drive from Toronto to the Niagra Falls (typical tourist) but I remember the iced wine vineyard and Niagra on the Lake which were fantastic places. Picked up the bus from a Tim Hortons Coffee Shop on or just off Yong Street where we stayed (near the Ice Hockey Hall of Fame). The Canadian’s were the friendliest people I’ve ever met, huge demographic of people from all over the World, loved it.

Born and dragged up in Newton Heath.
Ten years just across the border in Failsworth, then twenty four years in Marland, between Heywood and Rochdale.
Today we moved to Poulton Le Fylde. Feels weird to be away from Manc, but right for us now too.
Cheers.
Used to work for a firm in Poulton le fylde nice place

I can’t get the idea of moving to a top tier European city out of my head right now. I am thinking about it daily and doing some proper research into it. Vienna, Munich, Copenhagen, Helsinki, somewhere like that.

Wife can get an Irish passport and I have some sought after engineering qualifications and skills that would help me get a job. Language skills an obvious hurdle we’d need to get over. We have two primary school age children, so the idea is to go and try it out for a year, wife can take a career break at her company, and we’ll see how we get on.

Cities are for youngsters.

Some of you FOC’s would be better served looking at moving to places nearer a hospital with all the visits you’ll be making in the not too distant future.
If cities are for youngsters, why does Manchester keep losing its clubs and bars because of noise complaints?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.