Goodbye Martin.

Nothing definite, but I have heard claims that there are/were contract negotiations happening (2 weeks ago)..

Kinda defeats the OPs point, really. I'd like Petrov to stay but not under any terms. Any more than two extra years on the contract would be silly, any kind of raise would be silly, him expecting to start all games would be silly.

I'm sure he can still do a good job, he is not crucial to our success. Like the guy, but am sort of 'meh' about him staying/leaving.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/feb/02/manchester-city-seek-us-tour" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010 ... ek-us-tour</a>

end of its we've offered hima new contract

california blue said:
PBLZ129 said:
As soon as defenders realise that closing him down quickly takes him out of the game, he'll be totally useless.

Thats generally a rule with any footballer

True but, the best footballers in the world with some nouse can take it past a player. Petrov might well be ABLE to do that, but he's so utterly terrified of a challenge that he refuses too.

C_T_I_D said:
If there is anyone with any doubt that Martin Petrov will leave at the end of the season then I would love your reasons why you believe that.

The main reason I feel he will leave is his moody, sulky nature and his disinterested play at times. He was absolutely dreadful against Portsmouth and put in no effort whatsoever.

If Mancini really wanted to keep a player whose deal expires in the summer transfer window then he would have started negotiations a while back now. I may be wrong and this may be going on behind the scenes but for me the signing of Adam (almost typed Michael there!) Johnson was the writing on the wall in my books and the preperation for his departure long-term.

Is there anyone with an opposing feeling to this? It has a bit of a feeling of inevitability about it.

Still can contribute assuming we only strengthen our defence and our attacking options over the summer.

If we brought in another left sided midfielder in the summer I would say he may want to play more often at another club perhaps outside England.

california blue said:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/feb/02/manchester-city-seek-us-tour

end of its we've offered hima new contract

So one newspaper reports.

Since the age of 10 sat in the Platt Lane, I have heard the whinging, the moanining and the slagging off of our OWN players. They wear our shirt, they represent us on the pitch, they are masters of there trade. So, respect the fact.
My bet is that these whinging FOOLS never made it in football, as they where not good enough.(get over it)
These are wannabe managers to lazy to do anything about it.(Theres plenty of sunday league teams that could benifit from your wisdom)

Please shut the fuck up im sick of listening to all this crap, 37 years FFS.

By the way Petrov may not be the best in the world but Mancini has faith in him so, he must have something ?? Personally I rate him.

PBLZ129 said:
california blue said:
Thats generally a rule with any footballer

True but, the best footballers in the world with some nouse can take it past a player. Petrov might well be ABLE to do that, but he's so utterly terrified of a challenge that he refuses too.

Sorry mate but that's garbage.One footed and having to turn inside all the time on the right-yes.But refusing to beat a player because he might get tackled?
Piffle.

missi.t said:
Since the age of 10 sat in the Platt Lane, I have heard the whinging, the moanining and the slagging off of our OWN players. They wear our shirt, they represent us on the pitch, they are masters of there trade. So, respect the fact.
My bet is that these whinging FOOLS never made it in football, as they where not good enough.(get over it)
These are wannabe managers to lazy to do anything about it.(Theres plenty of sunday league teams that could benifit from your wisdom)

By the way Petrov may not be the best in the world but Mancini has faith in him so, he must have something ?? Personally I rate him.

Hear fucking hear. We all moan about things going wrong on the pitch. But it's the VITRIOL I've never understood. The screaming abuse that starts on our own players right from kick off and continues for 90 minutes no matter what the fuck they do.

I once heard a fan shout out abuse to Ian Brightwell as he was warming up BEFORE a game (at Forest).

Blue Train said:
missi.t said:

Hear fucking hear. We all moan about things going wrong on the pitch. But it's the VITRIOL I've never understood. The screaming abuse that starts on our own players right from kick off and continues for 90 minutes no matter what the fuck they do.

I once heard a fan shout out abuse to Ian Brightwell as he was warming up BEFORE a game (at Forest).

Donnachie was the main whipping boy in the mid 70's. There was probably one in the other decades too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.