Goodbye Stefan Savic

Re: Stefan Savic

Sam. said:
NipHolmes said:
Sam. said:
I still reckon he could be class one day. He got a lot of stick on here but he is a very talented lad and I wish him all the best.

I get the well intended farewell but what the hell do you base the 'very talented' and 'reckon he could become class' from?

When did he ever show anything to justify that comment?

Watch him v Liverpool and Spurs. Atrocious in both games and lucky not to be sent of in the Com shield v Chelsea.

I still cannot believe our luck in ridding him out the squad. Best wishes to the lad but couldn't have happened soon enough.

I know people use this excuse for him alot but he is still a very young lad. Of course, City weren't the right club for him, but this will be a massive learning experience for the lad.

I believe in Bobby 100% and all the hype when we signed him was because Mancini thought he was a great talent. Now either the club fucked up and dont know anything about the game or Savic never learned to handle the pressure which the fans pilled onto him.

He played in a few vital games for us and for a 21 year old, it is very hard to handle that pressure and play to the best of his ability.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad he's moved on, but I think with a few solid seasons at a club which isn't in the top flight of world football (Wether it's Fiorentina or whoever), so he can get some much needed experience and game time under his belt he could definetley mature into a world class CB.

There's no doubt in my mind.

Not a top notch CB but into a very useful defender.

Cobwebcat said:
OS not caught up yet.

Savic and RSC listed. No Wright.

I guess we are busy ;-)

Come on Naztastic!

All details are on the OS

We just couldn't take the risk that he might turn out to be good. The PL is a tough place to learn and any mistakes are punished bigtime. Wish him well but at the same time no loss to us at this point in time.

Ray78 said:
Sam. said:
NipHolmes said:
I get the well intended farewell but what the hell do you base the 'very talented' and 'reckon he could become class' from?

When did he ever show anything to justify that comment?

Watch him v Liverpool and Spurs. Atrocious in both games and lucky not to be sent of in the Com shield v Chelsea.

I still cannot believe our luck in ridding him out the squad. Best wishes to the lad but couldn't have happened soon enough.

I know people use this excuse for him alot but he is still a very young lad. Of course, City weren't the right club for him, but this will be a massive learning experience for the lad.

I believe in Bobby 100% and all the hype when we signed him was because Mancini thought he was a great talent. Now either the club fucked up and dont know anything about the game or Savic never learned to handle the pressure which the fans pilled onto him.

He played in a few vital games for us and for a 21 year old, it is very hard to handle that pressure and play to the best of his ability.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad he's moved on, but I think with a few solid seasons at a club which isn't in the top flight of world football (Wether it's Fiorentina or whoever), so he can get some much needed experience and game time under his belt he could definetley mature into a world class CB.

There's no doubt in my mind.

Not a top notch CB but into a very useful defender.

That's maybe how I should have worded it. Still could be a decent player none the less.

All I can say is thank f**k for that he give me a hart attack every time he played ??? Lol

Had an unhappy time as we know, but personally think that the pressure did not suit him . He was unfortunate that he was forced to play in important matches and had the crowd on his back...wish him well and no way does he deserve the shit he has endured on this site.

stan bowles said:
We just couldn't take the risk that he might turn out to be good. The PL is a tough place to learn and any mistakes are punished bigtime. Wish him well but at the same time no loss to us at this point in time.

Very true, dropped a few bollocks here and he will have learnt to be better than that, a new move will do him good

Stefan Savic

penalty spot said:
Had an unhappy time as we know, but personally think that the pressure did not suit him . He was unfortunate that he was forced to play in important matches and had the crowd on his back...wish him well and no way does he deserve the shit he has endured on this site.

Brilliant post

He's only a kid, in a new country too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.