Gordon Taylor

Tbh, never really liked the guy. Too many cases of defending the indefensible over the years.
Sadly predictable that he's trying to hang on - when he's already been there far too long.

You know what, I've never met a football supporter who likes Taylor and I've never heard a footballer say they respect him and that he's done a great job

GTIAFC

The Pink Panther said:
You know what, I've never met a football supporter who likes Taylor and I've never heard a footballer say they respect him and that he's done a great job

GTIAFC

The new Irani

FFS!!!
Does this tw@t till have any influence... in which case his betting habits stink...

Gaylord du Bois said:
Never liked the nasaly c(unt. Still just goes to show that the unions are no better than any of the other old boy networks.

First sentence has great merit IMHO. Second irrelevant.

chesterbells said:
Gaylord du Bois said:
Never liked the nasaly c(unt. Still just goes to show that the unions are no better than any of the other old boy networks.

How do you work that out? They're all self serving, power hungry, greedy c)unts at the end of the day.

Gaylord du Bois said:
chesterbells said:
Gaylord du Bois said:

How do you work that out? They're all self serving, power hungry, greedy c)unts at the end of the day.

I just think his faults are all about him as an individual, rather than being a systemic failure of unions as a notion, which admittedly might be an interesting Cellar topic.
I do agree he has abused his position, but for me the particular dislike is all about his own smug, self-serving one-eyed attitude over the years ( one which I don't think applies to all union leaders in every situation)

Anyway, it's my fault for rising to the bait ;-)

I don't actually know much about him as a person , but I will say - during my gambling addiction I would warn my mates not to gamble and the dangers of getting into trouble. All the whilst i would go and make bet after bet, Does that make me a hypocrite ? Yes. but I genuinely didn't want any of my mates going down the same road

Markt85 said:
I don't actually know much about him as a person , but I will say - during my gambling addiction I would warn my mates not to gamble and the dangers of getting into trouble. All the whilst i would go and make bet after bet, Does that make me a hypocrite ? Yes. but I genuinely didn't want any of my mates going down the same road

That's the sign of you being a good mate to be fair if you pitch up with that kind of game so kudos to you.

Regarding Gordon Taylor I was a little surprised initially to hear about his problems but then it's one of those 'in hindsight' things that doesn't surprise me. There'll undoubtably be an Aladdin's Cave of footballers out there who keep all manner of problems a secret.......is too much money part of the problem? Yeah, probably - but not exclusively.

Far too complex a subject for me to wrap up in a forum post really but any kind of addiction can be a right bastard to shake off yet similarly anyone and everyone can do it if they put their mind to it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.