"Gorgeous" Georgios...to Barca?

I liked Samaras, he was a bit of a hero at the start of his City career but when got injured and missed the West Ham cup game at home his time at City went downhill rapid...

A mixture of loss of confidence and poor attitude was the cause..

jma said:
Begbie said:
Scoff if you like.. cant see him going to barca in a million years but he's not nearly as bad as most make him out to be..

Scoff about Scottish football too but Pearce hadnt a clue how to get the best out of him..at the minute he's more than a handful for any team..ask AC or Barca themselves

Was always fond of the lad and thought he was an honest player who tried to put in a shift every game. Im glad Celtic seem to have got the best out of him.

Lay off the Buckfast
how many games have you seen him in recently?

honest answer...

He made his debut against Newcastle in a 3-0 win in 2005-06. Roughed a few up but didn't score.
His first goal came against Charlton 11 days later and he scored twice against Sunderland in the next home game. He also scored in the cup replay against Villa (won 2-1) and in a 2-1 defeat Spurs.
In 2006-07 - the infamous 10 home goals season - he scored in the League Cup at Chesterfield (1-2) and got both as we beat West Ham 2-0 in the following game. He then got another pair as we beat Everton 2-0 on New Years Day - our last home goals of the season. But Pearce shouldn't have been sacked according to some. He also scored at Wednesday in the FA Cup.
In 2007-08 he got the only goal as we beat Norwich in the League Cup.

Begbie said:
jma said:
Begbie said:
Scoff if you like.. cant see him going to barca in a million years but he's not nearly as bad as most make him out to be..

Scoff about Scottish football too but Pearce hadnt a clue how to get the best out of him..at the minute he's more than a handful for any team..ask AC or Barca themselves

Was always fond of the lad and thought he was an honest player who tried to put in a shift every game. Im glad Celtic seem to have got the best out of him.

Lay off the Buckfast

honest answer...
He raises his game big time against the likes of Barcelona and Milan. Unfortunately for him the extent of raising his games means he gets past 2-3 players before running wildly into nowhere, then creating nothing, but looks half decent doing it.
He's where his ability deserves to be, a lower standard of football on the whole but the chance to perform on the big stage once a year. His all round game is nowhere near consistent enough to play at a higher level.

Pablo1 said:
Begbie said:
jma said:
Lay off the Buckfast

honest answer...
He raises his game big time against the likes of Barcelona and Milan. Unfortunately for him the extent of raising his games means he gets past 2-3 players before running wildly into nowhere, then creating nothing, but looks half decent doing it.
He's where his ability deserves to be, a lower standard of football on the whole but the chance to perform on the big stage once a year. His all round game is nowhere near consistent enough to play at a higher level.
considering how celtic have fared in the cl the past two years why do you consider them to be playing a lower standard of football?

of course the scottish premier is a lower standard than our league but i believe a lot of people lump celtic into that bracket when they obviously arent

i'll be honest....i reckon this sort of arrogance is exactly the reason why we got pumped by bayern, if we showed the same commitment on the pitch as celtic did against ac we might not cringe every time we replay it

if any of our players put the same shift in against bayern as samaras did against barca i would say its an improvement

Begbie said:
Pablo1 said:
Begbie said:

honest answer...
considering how celtic have fared in the cl the past two years why do you consider them to be playing a lower standard of football?

of course the scottish premier is a lower standard than our league but i believe a lot of people lump celtic into that bracket when they obviously arent

i'll be honest....i reckon this sort of arrogance is exactly the reason why we got pumped by bayern, if we showed the same commitment on the pitch as celtic did against ac we might not cringe every time we replay it

if any of our players put the same shift in against bayern as samaras did against barca i would say its an improvement
He plays a lower standard of football every single week of the year because the Scottish League is very poor.
It's no surprise that Celtic can be beaten by the likes of St Mirren one week whilst putting in the performance of their lives against Barcelona the next. They coast through 90% of the season then put their all into the CL. I'd be pissed of if I followed Celtic watching that happen every year. It's strange that you use that particular stick to beat City with our performance against Bayern when the reality is Celtic are far worse culprits over the course of a season.
Being a huge club isn't the same as being a great team. You would struggle to finish in the top 10 in the premier.
If you think that's an arrogant point of view then that's fine, and if you think running around in circles and showing a lot of bluster, and huff and puff is enough to beat the likes of Bayern then that's fine, I just disagree with you.
Getting back to Samaras, I doubt anyone in the top 16-18 would put in a serious bid for him if he was available, maybe a few championship clubs, but that's it. That's his level.

Whilst I'm no Pele, 78 in 228 games isn't a particularly good record for the Scottish League either.

Great with his head though. And by that I mean maths, facts and figures, that kind of stuff.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.