"Gorgeous" Georgios...to Barca?

Pablo1 said:
Begbie said:
Pablo1 said:
He raises his game big time against the likes of Barcelona and Milan. Unfortunately for him the extent of raising his games means he gets past 2-3 players before running wildly into nowhere, then creating nothing, but looks half decent doing it.
He's where his ability deserves to be, a lower standard of football on the whole but the chance to perform on the big stage once a year. His all round game is nowhere near consistent enough to play at a higher level.
considering how celtic have fared in the cl the past two years why do you consider them to be playing a lower standard of football?

of course the scottish premier is a lower standard than our league but i believe a lot of people lump celtic into that bracket when they obviously arent

i'll be honest....i reckon this sort of arrogance is exactly the reason why we got pumped by bayern, if we showed the same commitment on the pitch as celtic did against ac we might not cringe every time we replay it

if any of our players put the same shift in against bayern as samaras did against barca i would say its an improvement
He plays a lower standard of football every single week of the year because the Scottish League is very poor.
It's no surprise that Celtic can be beaten by the likes of St Mirren one week whilst putting in the performance of their lives against Barcelona the next. They coast through 90% of the season then put their all into the CL. I'd be pissed of if I followed Celtic watching that happen every year. It's strange that you use that particular stick to beat City with our performance against Bayern when the reality is Celtic are far worse culprits over the course of a season.
Being a huge club isn't the same as being a great team. You would struggle to finish in the top 10 in the premier.
If you think that's an arrogant point of view then that's fine, and if you think running around in circles and showing a lot of bluster, and huff and puff is enough to beat the likes of Bayern then that's fine, I just disagree with you.
Getting back to Samaras, I doubt anyone in the top 16-18 would put in a serious bid for him if he was available, maybe a few championship clubs, but that's it. That's his level.
performance of their lives?...3 times, possibly 4 in two seasons? against arguably the best club teams the world has ever known?

im not beating city with any stick...they are and always will be my team...what im doing is questioning our application and resolve...im not a celtic supporter, i just think the people who have slagged off samaras are without justification and those who belittle celtic and their achievements are wide of the mark

Begbie said:
Pablo1 said:
Begbie said:
considering how celtic have fared in the cl the past two years why do you consider them to be playing a lower standard of football?

of course the scottish premier is a lower standard than our league but i believe a lot of people lump celtic into that bracket when they obviously arent

i'll be honest....i reckon this sort of arrogance is exactly the reason why we got pumped by bayern, if we showed the same commitment on the pitch as celtic did against ac we might not cringe every time we replay it

if any of our players put the same shift in against bayern as samaras did against barca i would say its an improvement
He plays a lower standard of football every single week of the year because the Scottish League is very poor.
It's no surprise that Celtic can be beaten by the likes of St Mirren one week whilst putting in the performance of their lives against Barcelona the next. They coast through 90% of the season then put their all into the CL. I'd be pissed of if I followed Celtic watching that happen every year. It's strange that you use that particular stick to beat City with our performance against Bayern when the reality is Celtic are far worse culprits over the course of a season.
Being a huge club isn't the same as being a great team. You would struggle to finish in the top 10 in the premier.
If you think that's an arrogant point of view then that's fine, and if you think running around in circles and showing a lot of bluster, and huff and puff is enough to beat the likes of Bayern then that's fine, I just disagree with you.
Getting back to Samaras, I doubt anyone in the top 16-18 would put in a serious bid for him if he was available, maybe a few championship clubs, but that's it. That's his level.
performance of their lives?...3 times, possibly 4 in two seasons? against arguably the best club teams the world has ever known?

im not beating city with any stick...they are and always will be my team...what im doing is questioning our application and resolve...im not a celtic supporter, i just think the people who have slagged off samaras are without justification and those who belittle celtic and their achievements are wide of the mark

Problem is Norwich would win the SPL, they are another team capable of raising their game, didn't they knock Bayern out one year?

Obviously not up to that standard but nowhere near as bad as some of the clueless make out.Some of our supporters will always need one of our own too knock,fuck it blame it on Dzeko and kolarov !

de niro said:
Begbie said:
Pablo1 said:

Problem is Norwich would win the SPL, they are another team capable of raising their game, didn't they knock Bayern out one year?
not when bayern were bayern

de niro said:
Begbie said:
Pablo1 said:

btw...norwich wouldnt win the spl...neither would man united

Begbie said:
de niro said:
Begbie said:

not when bayern were bayern

Norwich were a lot better than city then, they were not too far off winning the premier league and finished 3rd.

Re: "Gorgeous" Georgios...to Barca?

Begbie said:
de niro said:
Begbie said:

Sod off, Norwich would win the spl at a fucking canter. It's nowt more than a glorified pub league.

Re:

Ovo said:
Begbie said:
de niro said:

Sod off, Norwich would win the spl at a fucking canter. It's nowt more than a glorified pub league.
if you think Norwich would beat Celtic to the league youre delusional

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.