Gosling

A very good young prospect and, as stated, would help with the home grown quota. Scored an excellent goal against us at Goodison a couple off seasons ago in the 2-1 win. We should definitely snap him up for nowt. If it doesn't work out, we could get £3m for him next summer, which woud be great business if we have to raise football-related income

I wonder if any club who picks him up will still have to pay compensation to everton for his training, anyone know?

Let me suggest an alleged conspiracy theory.....if you were a manager of a club and knew that you were being groomed to takeover at another club who had a big history in recent years and having an aging alcoholic manager....but you knew they had no money to buy players; and you wanted one of your current young English trained players to be at your future club, how could you get this to happen?

Maybe you personally could make an admin error so that player walks out of your club and into the club that might be your future club!!!???

Swiss Tony said:
I wonder if any club who picks him up will still have to pay compensation to everton for his training, anyone know?
No. If they had offered him a new contract and he simply chose to move on anyway, then compensation would be payable as a development fee. But because they didn't offer him a contract in writing, they have effectively 'released' the player and he is available for no money whatsoever.

Shame that Everton don't have the decency to do things properly.

tazmancblue said:
Let me suggest an alleged conspiracy theory.....if you were a manager of a club and knew that you were being groomed to takeover at another club who had a big history in recent years and having an aging alcoholic manager....but you knew they had no money to buy players; and you wanted one of your current young English trained players to be at your future club, how could you get this to happen?

Maybe you personally could make an admin error so that player walks out of your club and into the club that might be your future club!!!???

I did have a similar thought in my mind to... saves utd £10mil... I wonder what the odds are for him going there...

LongsightM13 said:
Swiss Tony said:
No. If they had offered him a new contract and he simply chose to move on anyway, then compensation would be payable as a development fee. But because they didn't offer him a contract in writing, they have effectively 'released' the player and he is available for no money whatsoever.

cheers

I watched some Everton games and I think that Gosling is a magnific player, I will follow him the next season, I like his skills and his football in general.

The only real down side on this from an Everton point of view is that we've missed out on compensation which would have been useful given our finances.

He's a very average player who doesn't make it on to our bench when everyone is fit. A poor man's Osman if you will, He's a decent squad player but was never going to be a regular for us, especially in his preffered position. As I said, shame we'll miss out on compensation but I won't lose any sleep over this.

EDIT: Take it from someone who has watched every single match he's played for us and not just highlights on MOTD, he's not even close to being good enough for you.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.