Government to discuss safe standing 25th June (page 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As stated, it is a start..... these politicians will be shitting themselves that if anything goes wrong they will be blamed for allowing standing back. The fact they are even prepared to talk about it is staggering.
5,000 would do me at the Etihad. For now ;)

Yep, you're right. I just want the whole lower tier stood up ;-)

Please fill in survey.

Thanks.

Are you a football club rep, supporters trust or fan?

As Shadow Sports Minister, ahead of a Parliamentary debate on 25th June - I want to hear your views on #safestanding.

Take part here: http://www.drrosena.co.uk/safestanding.html

Please share amongst your supporters groups.

Done it, mate.

And I’d urge all of you to do so too.

After complaining about the copy and paste initial reply from my MPs office I today received this. Lets see if he attends now.

Dear Mr Bibby,

Thank you for getting back to me. I am truly sorry that you are so unhappy with my response to your enquiry. What I have sent to you is the official party position and as I am on the shadow front bench I can not deviate from this position.

However, I understand your disappointment and would like to assure you that Labour are committed to reviewing the Government's policy on this and believe that it is very important that the Football Clubs need to listen to the fans and engage more with them to discuss a solution that works for all.

You are right that certain Premier League clubs are in favour of safe standing in their home stadiums. It is also true that the Premier League has itself stated that 'this subject is complex and nuanced and clearly requires more research'. This indicates what is the widely accepted belief among clubs that a research and evidence-based approach is needed in the interest of safety, hence the sentiment in my previous reply that the issue must be given more consideration by the government.

I understand that this is an important issue to many fans such as yourself, and subject to parliamentary commitments I will endeavour to attend the debate on 25th June.

Thank you once again for your correspondence.

Yours sincerely,

Afzal Khan MP

___
Afzal Khan
Member of Parliament for Manchester Gorton

Excellent! I was just going to say you should have been in the campaign all these years and then you ruined it by saying you pinched it from different sources ha ha.
I urge everyone to cut n paste the letter and email / send it to your MP.

I've just it sent to Mary Robinson MP Cheadle

Possibly a change on the horizon, well they're at least going to look into it, not going to hold my breath though.

Last edited:
Read the article.

What have the Government and experts been looking at and studying for the last x amount of years?

Here we go again.

How many more reviews? How many more experts? How many more consultations with, x, y and z?

Take about dragging Safe Standing out another few years for the sake of it, only for the said Minister to state that further investigation showed that Safe Standing and Rail Seating aren't as safe as the current setup, and the law won't be changed.

As any fan who goes to away games knows the fact that most sets of fans stand anyway probably limits the amount of injuries sustained from celebrating goals.
Many grounds seating is designed on the basis of cramming as many people as possible into the area in question.
96 people didn't die because fans were allowed to stand,they died because too many people were allowed into the Leppings lane end.
With advanced ticketing and security at grounds this would not happen and it really should be a rubber stamping exercise by parliament, not a discussion where some people will use it as a opportunity to grandstand on the false premise that they are protecting fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.