Grealish

Saturday was the first time I had seen this lad. I thought he looked wonderful with the ball at his feet. He seemed to float over the grass. But that was all he had. There seemed to be nothing else to him.

Great assist at the weekend.

Better on the ball than Barkley, Sterling and Januzaj were.

Imo he'll be a 20m pound player in 18 months, especially having just turned down Ireland.

... tin hat on, naturally.

Is he related to the "tony grealish" ??[/quote]

Was it true Grealish was very unpopular in the dressing room? Sure I've heard this before.

NQCitizen said:
Great assist at the weekend.

Better on the ball than Barkley, Sterling and Januzaj were.

Imo he'll be a 20m pound player in 18 months, especially having just turned down Ireland.

... tin hat on, naturally.

Going by his dad he would of turned down England too. There seems to be too much pressure on the kid to choose if your to believe him he will be back playing Under 21 football next season for Ireland but nothing will be decided until the end of the season.
Also Patrick Bamford also said he will choose between Ireland and England too.

Looks half decent playing in a Villa side full of confidence against whom most sides allow a lot of space for him to run into. Can't see him ever being more than decent though, might get a move to somewhere like Spurs/Liverpool if he has a couple of seasons of good form but will never be a Champions League standard player.

PSmyth07 said:
It must piss Villa off that he doesnt wear proper shin pads.

It pisses me off so I'm sure you're right.

Maybe to say it pisses me off is an exaggeration, I don't really care, but it does look rubbish.

Born in England, raised in England, plays in England.

It's pretty obvious why he's rejected Ireland, harsh to criticise the lad for it.

Looks technically very good, destined to play for England IMO.

He is not the son of Tony Grealish - who was born in London.

This from Wiki (I know, I know)
Grealish was born in Solihull in the West Midlands to an English mother and a Birmingham-born father. He qualifies for the Republic of Ireland through his maternal grandfather from County Dublin, his paternal grandfather from Gort, County Galway, and his paternal grandmother from County Kerry.[3][4][5]

Though born in England, Grealish has so far opted to represent the Republic of Ireland at international level. Grealish was called up to an England U15 training camp but was sent home after falling ill; since then he has represented the Republic of Ireland since first being called up at the age of 14 and has won caps from under-15 to under-21 level.

England are known to have been pursuing him, even naming him in their U17 squad in 2011 at the age of 15 – an invitation he declined.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.