Grealish

Have to say not interested in this lad - or Barkley for that matter. Think Johnson, Sinclair and Rodwell - I am heartily sick of English youngsters coming to us getting big bucks and fucking us about and their careers up - we just get the bad press and they swan off loaded. Let the kid serve more of his tine at Villa and maybe get a biggish move to Spurs or some other top 5 to 10 club. We all know how these moves end afterall

I think he needs to start playing with shinpads and with his socks pulled up,not round his ankles - maybe if you're Messi you can draw that kind of attention to yourself but when you're a relative nobody you need a kicking!

And some of this thread proves the problem with English youngsters. Over-hyped. The lads hardly been about. Delph though, was cracking yesterday.

sir peace frog said:
I thought delph was the best player on the pitch and ran midfield,and I wouldn't say no to him joining us and an "English/home grown player"

Delph did have a good game yday but he is a hard working midfielder, im not saying he isn't talented atall but grealish looks like the type of player that england, Ireland, Wales and Scotland have not been able to produce .
He's creative and has guile.
Im not saying he should sign for us or that he's going to be the best english player around , i just thought he looked quite good for a19 year old.
I would like to see a eds player on our bench every week and if were 2 or 3 nil up and coasting get them on at half time and lets have a look at them.

How come no one in the media ever asks or writes a variation of the following about young English kids?:

He looked pretty good, but it will be interesting to see how he develops. If he can maintain that form over a season and look promising notwithstanding the inevitable growing pains, then he'll be a pretty good prospect.

BTW WEHT to Berahino? He was worth 30M in October if I recall correctly.

Good prospect played some good games this season was good against Liverpool last week. Least villa are giving some young talent a chance shame can't be said about us.

Done well in recent weeks but he needs to play more football. Think it would benefit him more to stay at Villa under TS. He will get the best out of him and develope him more and more. As for international football well the kid has to choose sooner rather than later. Ireland have stood by him and gave him the space he wanted. He would get 100 odd caps for Ireland if he decides to continue playing for Ireland with England at the moment there are better players than him and be lucky to get 20 odd caps.

I'd be happy if City signed Grealish. He looks like a proper footballer, apart from the socks. Good on the ball and reads the game. Great potential to be a top player. There was a Leicester City youth team midfield player with big hair who I also liked. Both look serious prospects by the look of their skill and attitude.

Not a fan of Barkley. Big lad with some skill but not seen the work rate and awareness of a Gazza or even Rooney at his age.

Wilshire would be a disaster. Likes to take a touch too many which is why he gets so many ankle knocks. He invites tackles then gives away the ball cheaply with his last gasp flicks. We already have Jovetic with a similar trait but much more skillful.

Haven't we got a similar style of midfield player in the youths getting rave reviews, is it Ambrose or somebody? The club seriously needs to start introducing one of these on the bench and giving them a try now and then. The mistake we make with youth is putting them in in an already weakened side for cup ties, we get beat,their confidence is knocked and they disappear again.

Delph we tried to sign from Leeds but he turned us down.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.