Great Article In The Independent ( A must read) The truth!

moomba said:
CBlue said:
What cash offer did you have in mind? There were shared contracts between Milan & Kaka's image rights etc. - how much were these contracts worth to Kaka? Could we then go & leverage those same (assumed) contracts & create more value which would therefore reduce the amount of money Kaka would need to receive from us? Was it even plausible to do so?Everyone was saying from the beginning that this was a highly complex deal because of what was involved &, to answer your second question, Kaka sent an engineer (who happened to be his father) to negotiate them having very limited experience. City sent 3 lawyers & an expert in the negotiation of image rights who happened to have managed them for a global sports figure who is bigger than Kaka. Cook said that he was "unsophisticated & unprofessional". Let me know if you require any further help to work it out.

His commercial agreements are his responsibility. If they wanted a cash offer, then thats their business. And if they don't want to use lawyers then thats their business.

Seems to me like we thought we knew better than them, a touch arrogant if you ask me.

Its quite simple no person or business spends money on anything without knowing what they are to get in return. You don't buy a car without a test drive or look at the engine. You dont spend hundreds of millions on a player without knowing the finer details i.e. without knowing what you are getting in return.

Dunny said:
Its quite simple no person or business spends money on anything without knowing what they are to get in return. You don't buy a car without a test drive or look at the engine. You dont spend hundreds of millions on a player without knowing the finer details i.e. without knowing what you are getting in return.

And you don't agree a contract with an employer that doesn't want to tell you how much you are going to earn.

We knew what we would get in return, the player. IF they wanted to know how much we were going to pay the player we should have told him. If that affected his commercial agreements thats for his representatives to take into account when deciding whether to agree or not.

moomba said:
Dunny said:

And you don't agree a contract with an employer that doesn't want to tell you how much you are going to earn.

We knew what we would get in return, the player. IF they wanted to know how much we were going to pay the player we should have told him. If that affected his commercial agreements thats for his representatives to take into account when deciding whether to agree or not.

To be perfectly honest, for a deal like Kaka with 100M, it would be really naive to think that they are just buying the "player" only, like it or not its more a business investment than merely a sporting one

dbsmcfc said:
To be perfectly honest, for a deal like Kaka with 100M, it would be really naive to think that they are just buying the "player" only, like it or not its more a business investment than merely a sporting one

I'm not suggesting that we give them the cash value and have him sign on the dotted line straight away.

But the fact is that they wanted the cash value, we weren't give it to them and the negotiations stopped.

I guess we can blame it all on them if we like, and be proud that we negotiated the way we wanted to negotiate.

moomba said:
dbsmcfc said:

I'm not suggesting that we give them the cash value and have him sign on the dotted line straight away.

But the fact is that they wanted the cash value, we weren't give it to them and the negotiations stopped.

I guess we can blame it all on them if we like, and be proud that we negotiated the way we wanted to negotiate.

But since the complexity of the deal, with some many legal aspects need to be considered (adidas contract, image right, etc), it would be rash for us to just offer him a cash offer.

I believe that City would like to take in all the info about kaka's financial situation and then base on that to formulate a personal offer.

And for Kaka's father to issue an ultimatum in the middle of the night for cash offer seems a bit off. It is not like they don't know City is loaded with cash and are ready to pay his son a handsomely amount for the service. Also the italy news break the story 8 mins after the discussion is off, it is shown that Milan clearly had a plan firmly in hand.

dbsmcfc said:
moomba said:

But since the complexity of the deal, with some many legal aspects need to be considered (adidas contract, image right, etc), it would be rash for us to just offer him a cash offer.

I believe that City would like to take in all the info about kaka's financial situation and then base on that to formulate a personal offer.

And for Kaka's father to issue an ultimatum in the middle of the night for cash offer seems a bit off. It is not like they don't know City is loaded with cash and are ready to pay his son a handsomely amount for the service. Also the italy news break the story 8 mins after the discussion is off, it is shown that Milan clearly had a plan firmly in hand.

His Adidas contract is his business, if he loses out money on that contract by coming to City then his representatives need to take that into account when assessing our offer. If he wants compensation for that, thats where the negotiation comes in. But you need to at least have a ballpark figure before you can negotiate.

But, we're clearly not going to agree, so I'll concede and call it a faultless and ragingly successful negotiation. I wonder if he'll start in the side or the bench next Wednesday.

I can understand that due diligence and thorough research had to be done on the players existing contracts to understand how a change of club could impact him and us. However, I dont see why we couldnt give them a cash amount and just add a caveat that this may change based upon existing contracts. Say Cook gets the call at 11.03pm. Kaka's dad wants a figure. Why not just say "200k a week after tax is our wages but that will be affected by further investigation into existing imaging and contractual rights." If Kakas dad decides to hang up, then hey-ho fuck him.
At the end of the day, I thought this was purely about getting the best player in the world at City. Seems I was wrong.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.