great away support memories, not just numbers.

fathellensbellend

what games stand out for people in terms of support for the team, not just taking 1000's but basically non stop backing.

for me, i remember going to leicester in about 1987, we lost 4-0, perry suckling let one through his legs, and city were atrocious but the support that day was amazing, absolute non stop singing.

also when steve coppell took over, i remember qpr away, we filled the whole end and had a great number down the side, the city end sang stevie coppells blue and white army for an eternity, didn't do a lot of good.

and another memory not necessarily great support, but having lost 2-0 at forest in the michael vonk era, we were held back in the ground as was the norm in those days, over the tannoy came it must be love by madness, i remember a good few thousand joining in.

de niro said:
Dead easy.
The 8-1 at Boro

Amazing fans.

That is seriously one of my favourite away days. I bloody missed Elano's goal due to being too busy doing pigbag to Boro's 5th :D

Liverpool away, midweek game, might have been 2003 or 2004, think we lost 2-1, but swp scored

was one of the best atmospheres ive experienced

Schalke away was class too

Also enjoyed Fulham and Spurs this year, were both great days out

Other notable

vs Villa the game before Boro and fowlers penalty miss, SWP and Musampa scored, sunny day out, 4500 of us there, thinking we were on our way to Europe.

Birmingham first game of the season, only took 1500 i think, went down 1-0 but came back to win 2-1, cole scored. Love the ones where we come back to win.

Sunderland three days later going top of the league...

In all honesty there hasnt been a crap awayday I've been to, I've enjoyed them all. If there was one that I wouldnt like to repeat again though it would be when we got knocked out of the cup by Oldham

Manchester la la la la said:
Liverpool away, midweek game, might have been 2003 or 2004, think we lost 2-1, but swp scored

was one of the best atmospheres ive experienced

Great shout, not many people remember this game think it was something like our 12th game without a victory under Keegan but our fans that night were fantastic.

Top night.

Villa away...Fa cup ..Micah.....Awesome support that night considering it was on tv and when we scored I just remember being pushed onto the pitch....Always enjoy Villa away.....

The 0-0 away in Trafford in 2004 was the best for non-stop support, even at half time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.