great away support memories, not just numbers.

the best moment not for the away day but just for the pure comedy was at the FA cup semi against the rags.

i guy turned up at my seat absolutley nackered and swetting like mad. he goes

" excuse me your in my seat mate" i get out my ticket and im in the rite seat, i show him this and he looks puzzled. he pulls out his ticket and hes only gone to his season ticket seat for the coms.

to be fair he laughed it off and he was miles away from his seat.

Duffinho said:
Haha qpr away I loved that game anyone remember "Pavarotti" singing city songs in opera at the pub top class day!

Vinnie was his name. Used to do a few away days with him. I was there that day. He often done that routine at many away games. Top, top guy.

Late 80's - Huddersfield away FA Cup 2nd replay after we drew 1-1 in the first game (last minute John Gidman free kick) and a 0-0 at our place. Won 3-0 with Imre Varadi scoring the winner i think. Pissed down most of the night, with the city fans absolutely drenched in the open away end, singing all game. Atmosphere amazing (especially knowing we had Blackpool away in the next round)

The Leicester game '87 sticks in the memory for me, on the way home my dad said that City don't deserve the support they get from the fans, I think it was about 3 or 4 years before he went to another away game.

city diehard said:
I've got to say Blackburn away just gone is up there.

Totally agree was amazing.Can also cast my mind back to Blackburn away in 85.Jim Tolmie goal put us top of the old division .We seemed to have entire ground that day!

I know it's our support away from home,but got to mention Sunderland fans at Maine Road the day they got relegated,must have been early 90's,and the score was 3-2 to City.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.