great away support memories, not just numbers.

BlueRob01 said:
salfordblues said:
Manchester la la la la said:
Liverpool away, midweek game, might have been 2003 or 2004, think we lost 2-1, but swp scored

was one of the best atmospheres ive experienced

Great shout, not many people remember this game think it was something like our 12th game without a victory under Keegan but our fans that night were fantastic.

Top night.

I was at this. SWP scored at our end too if I remember rightly. I also remember setting off on the coach, late as usual and getting stuck in traffic on the Manc Way as the shite were at home that night. Once they realised who we were (it wasn't the kind of coach to encourage colours to be honest) we got the usual grief and "come on then" from the big hard trafford shite. All changed when the coach started to empty in the middle of the Manc Way and politely ask them to repeat the questions and comments please..... Talk about doors locked and a rapid change of attitude. All very sad really I know- but it was hillarious.

-- Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:58 pm --

Anyone remember 1990 I think it was - last game of season and Palace away?
Thousands of blues brothers heading down the motorway..

Oh yes,what a great day.Palace were to play United in the final the next week.When the final whistle went the first City fans on the pitch came out of the Palace end dressed as Arabs - must have known something we didnt!
City and Palace on the pitch and not a hint of trouble.

West Ham away in Sven's first game for me. The weather was lovely, our kit was beautiful, the players were great and the performance fantastic. The fans were brilliant, singing Sven's name all game and it really felt like a new dawn was upon us. I guess that was the start really, I remember Kevin Day stood outside the entrance asking if we recognised our new players.

Geo's goal after Nedum's brilliant run will give you an idea.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-BzO5ylEPU&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PL171639BA7F88A6BB" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-BzO5yl ... BA7F88A6BB</a>

Few games stand out, the last game at west ham we went down. Great support and rapport with the west ham fans.

The following season beating bradford away midweek to end the away day jinx. The 87/88 season the support for the team was often like at blackburn, very vocal and large in numbers. Remember going to Plymouth in a day in the same week we played ipswich.

Times move on but its great to see some of the same faces just that bit older.

Ok

Notts Forest Away on the coach with Tudor Thomas - got there and it was canceled!

Oldham away in the rain - never been so wet in my life

Villa away when - whitey scored four and i could nt find my car til midnight

Leeds away when we won 2-1 - tueart scored his last goal and they invaded the pitch

Utd away - dennis backheel and relegation !!!

Millwall away when city fans were banned apart from me and about 5 others in corp hostility- won 3-2 got a ticket n the directors box and keegan got sent off and came to sit in front of me - SWP scored

Coventry away in 77 when jimmy conway scored he winner but we had already finished sceond to liverpool

simmo said:
Few games stand out, the last game at west ham we went down. Great support and rapport with the west ham fans.

The following season beating bradford away midweek to end the away day jinx. The 87/88 season the support for the team was often like at blackburn, very vocal and large in numbers. Remember going to Plymouth in a day in the same week we played ipswich.

Times move on but its great to see some of the same faces just that bit older.

Definitely in my top 10 awaydays that one, mainly because it was totally unexpected in a "typical City" way.

Stoke in the Cup in the 70s, we must have taken nearly 20,000 there, Shilton had a blinder and we lost 1-0 IIRC.

Barnsley in the League Cup, 81/82-ish, I've never been on a more tightly packed terrace than the open end that night, somehow they got 33,000 into Oakwell, safety my arse!

Quite recent but birmingham last season, sang the kolarov song for ages after he scored

fathellensbellend said:
what games stand out for people in terms of support for the team, not just taking 1000's but basically non stop backing.

for me, i remember going to leicester in about 1987, we lost 4-0, perry suckling let one through his legs, and city were atrocious but the support that day was amazing, absolute non stop singing.

also when steve coppell took over, i remember qpr away, we filled the whole end and had a great number down the side, the city end sang stevie coppells blue and white army for an eternity, didn't do a lot of good.

and another memory not necessarily great support, but having lost 2-0 at forest in the michael vonk era, we were held back in the ground as was the norm in those days, over the tannoy came it must be love by madness, i remember a good few thousand joining in.
I was there at that game. I even posted about it a few months ago. we didn't last week we didn't win today etc, never forget the look of the leicester fans, as if to say why are you fuckers singing?....

Cov mid 90's away, week after franny Lee took over We lost 4 0 with probably the worst attack in our history shutt and vonk up front and phelan on the wing. Second half singing went for all of the 45 mins

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.