Great Mancunians...

Prestwich_Blue said:
bumbles said:
most of the people you mentioned are not form Manchester ...adn the ship canal has nothing to do with Manchester...it is in salford.
LOL! As a rag you'd know all about not being from Manchester.

As the land was purchased by the Manchester Ship Canal Company, under an Act of Parliament, with the majority shareholder being the old Manchester Corporation it all became De Facto Manchester.

Salford Docks however are another matter as they were in, erm... Salford ;-)

fbloke said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
LOL! As a rag you'd know all about not being from Manchester.

As the land was purchased by the Manchester Ship Canal Company, under an Act of Parliament, with the majority shareholder being the old Manchester Corporation it all became De Facto Manchester.

Salford Docks however are another matter as they were in, erm... Salford ;-)

so by your arguement all the land that MSC owned ( Now Peel ) is in manchester?...

bumbles said:
most of the people you mentioned are not form Manchester ...adn the ship canal has nothing to do with Manchester...it is in salford.
OK Bumbles the ship canal has nothing to do with manchester Hmmm !!! try telling that to the long dead MP`s and councillors from MANCHESTER and the people of erm MANCHESTER who petitioned parliament many times for the canal to get dug, while people were literally starving to death due to what amounted to a financial blockade by the Liverpool MP`s and port authorities for their own ends, so yes in my eyes the the people of Manchester (and surrounding areas) are Great Mancunians to stand up against the might of Liverpool and the indifferance of London based politicians. Just as a side product it put Salfud otherwise unknown on the map.

that isnt in dispute...the history of the big ditch and Daniel adamsons mob is well understood.

but my point is it was and is called th manchester ship canal is in fact not within the boundaires of manchester...and we knwo how you lot are soo hot on manchester boundaries.

bumbles said:
that isnt in dispute...the history of the big ditch and Daniel adamsons mob is well understood.

but my point is it was and is called th manchester ship canal is in fact not within the boundaires of manchester...and we knwo how you lot are soo hot on manchester boundaries.

Which Local Education Authority's Schools Meals Service bought the most rancid meat - that's what I want to know.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.