Greatest Atmosphere ever at Maine Road

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by The blue phantom, 22 Sep 2018.

1. krswanny

krswanny

It wasn't just the noise but also the passion coming from every part of the ground and we scored four second half goals to win four nil. If I remember Colin hit the post/bar and if he had scored I am sure the roof would of come off the Kippax :).

The Aguero goal is the never to be forgotten moment but for me the reception for Colin is close behind.

I never had the privilege of seeing Colin in his prime but have at least seen Merlin and Kev at his best is also a joy to behold :)

2. oakiecokie

oakiecokie

The one thing that I`ll never forget were the Geordie fans who also joined in with the chanting and there was not one hostility towards him by those Newcastle fans.Wonderful that day.

krswanny likes this.
  3. oakiecokie

oakiecokie

And there were only about 28,000 of us that day IIRC.

4. levets

levets

Team supported:
    City
    less than 20,000 for Huddersfield 10-1.

5. manimanc

manimanc

It was the last derby in 2002. God it still gives me goosebumps thinking about it, you could literally feel the atmosphere hit you in waves. If I remember rightly city warmed up quick and went in a bit earlier than utd, the noise of boos and whistles for them lot still make my hairs stand up on end, nothing has beat it to this day.
    And when Anelka scored I was that tense and hyped up that I froze but the noise was immense .
    Great day, great memories, great atmosphere .

Last edited: 24 Jan 2020
    hutton who blue likes this.
  6. eastmanc

eastmanc

Team supported:
    Manchester city
    19,000 I think

7. krswanny

krswanny

I have searched the web but unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any TV coverage of that day.

8. AliBobbyJ

AliBobbyJ

Schalke in the European CW Cup.
    Birmingham on the Friday night to (nearly) get promotion, got a piece of the pitch afterwards.
    Last derby at Maine Road 3-1.
    Newcastle in the F.A. Cup lost 4-5 in 1957, Geordies singing Blaydon Races all round the ground.

Last edited: 24 Jan 2020
  9. AliBobbyJ

AliBobbyJ

I was at the Hawthorns for that one! Left the ground not knowing City's score till i got to a phone box.

10. horlock_was_super

horlock_was_super

I was in the Platt Lane that night and was 10 years old. The buses wouldn’t go to the match because some of them had been attacked after the 2-2 earlier in the season. We had to walk from Ordsall. This was the game when that rag bastard buchan did Colin. He was down for ages before Freddie Griffiths was allowed on to see to him IIRC. Then the club doctor came on. All the while this was going on rags were getting battered all over the Platt Lane. I thought it was great.
    Many other similar memories to others on here, still miss Maine Road, but, 93:20 was the greatest moment ever for me in any stadium anywhere.

skivitheblue9320 likes this.