Greatest Atmosphere ever at Maine Road

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by The blue phantom, 22 Sep 2018.

1. its a Barm

its a Barm

Went to all games mentioned from 75 onwards the one I remember for being a great atmosphere and noise was the 4.0 against the rags in league cup 75

2. oakiecokie

oakiecokie

One of the best that I remember was way back in the 1970`s when we played Sunderland at home in the FA Cup 6th Round.They won it that year.
    I have never seen an away following like it.Far more than those who went to York.
    We really should have beaten them that day.However the atmosphere was superb and for me only bettered by the Newcastle home game when King Colin made his comeback.

bellbuzzer and RibboCop like this.
  3. blue b4 the moon

blue b4 the moon

That Sunderland game was turned by Corrigan being injured & then taking a goalkick while groggy, typical City you may say.

4. Didsbury Dave

Didsbury Dave

It wasn't my first ever game but it was the first one I went to without my Dad and first one on The Kippax. What a baptism of fire! We started off in the top singer's corner, moved/got swept down by the tunnel and ended up climbing over the fence in the bottom away fan's pen.

bluemc1 likes this.
  5. toffee balls

toffee balls

Quick flick through the whole thread and there are some magnificent moments in here. Agree on the "Colin The King" comeback but for me (not seen it mentioned) the noise when David White slotted in the 10th goal was something I will remember for the rest of my days.

6. RibboCop

RibboCop

Team supported:
    City still do
    The two games against Liverpool were memorable too we took 15 k to Anfield drew 0-0 same day millwall beat Everton absolute carnage at Lime St after the game. Stuffed them in the replay convinced we were going to win it that year. Remember willie donachie having a mare against Sunderland. That day was made even better coz loads of rags turned up to support Sunderland due to the swamp having no under soil heating their tie against palace was called off at dinner time

oakiecokie likes this.
  7. kinkyblue

kinkyblue

At Main Road??

8. krswanny

krswanny

It's been mentioned previously in the thread but I have never heard Maine Road as loud as when Colin "The King" came on at HT in the game against Newcastle to make his comeback.

Trojan1962 and oakiecokie like this.
  9. oakiecokie

oakiecokie

I am not ashamed to admit that day I was near to tears.I saw loads of grown men with tears rolling down their cheeks and you know what,no one gave a fuck about their open feelings towards one of sports most ideal & iconic footballers ever to grace our club.
    The nearest is Merlin but you actually cannot make comparisons as they had/have their own individual styles,but thats for another thread.

bigstanhibbert and krswanny like this.
  10. The blue phantom

The blue phantom

Lol. Just made me laugh mate. That day though was just fuckin unbelievable.