Greatest ever English team

I keep thinking this myself. Because when you look at, say, De Bruyne...

100 point season, treble winner, domestic treble winner, four titles in a row, 2 x double winner (next week could be 3x), six titles in seven, 3x playmaker of the season.

There are several members of this team who have, quite literally, done all of that, Kev, Phil, Kyle, John, Eddy. How anybody could argue that those guys aren't members of the greatest ever team. Like... it's not even close... what group of 5+ players can even get anywhere close to that?

It only even becomes an argument if you start arbitrarily breaking up the last 7 years.

For me they all kind of merge, in this period we have been the best English club.

In terms of individual seasons imho.

Centurions were the most exciting and played the best football

The treble team the most successful(https://onefootball.com/en/news/city-or-united-comparing-manchesters-treble-triumphs-37653265)

And this year's have been special for the desire to do.it all again having already achieved everything.

Centurions were the most exciting and played the best football

The treble team the most successful(https://onefootball.com/en/news/city-or-united-comparing-manchesters-treble-triumphs-37653265)

The Treble team played the best football. We destroyed Real, Bayern and any of the red teams at the Etihad. We won any of those games by 3+ goals. The football we played vs Real was up there with Pep's Barcelona, i.e., best in history.

We are currently on the longest unbeaten run in our history. We won 19 from the last 23 league games, and drew the other 4, without losing a game in the cups. Best run under Pep so far.

The Treble team played the best football. We destroyed Real, Bayern and any of the red teams at the Etihad. We won any of those games by 3+ goals. The football we played vs Real was up there with Pep's Barcelona, i.e., best in history.

We are currently on the longest unbeaten run in our history. We won 19 from the last 23 league games, and drew the other 4, without losing a game in the cups. Best run under Pep so far.

All opinions when it comes to most exciting football. It can be argued all different ways. The only commonality is whatever parameters people put in only one name comes out.

Manchester City Football Club.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.