Greatest Individual Performance in a City Shirt

Just reading the unpopular City opinions thread and came across a discussion about Sir David Silva & his incredible performance against Hull in the title run-in back in 2013/14. We were down to 10 from early on & David carried us, with that said I’ve remembered some others from the top of my head:

City 2-1 Ipswich 1999: Weaver, those who were there will know what I mean, not 100% that was the score but some of the saves…
City 3-1 Birmingham 2001: Benarbia debut
City 3-1 Red Shite 2002: Goater last MR Derby
City 1-0 Stretford 2007: Micah @ 18 keeping them at bay
City 0-0 Dippers 2007: Dunne, wouldn’t be beaten that night
Chelsea 2-4 City: Tevez, back from a flight day of
Swamp Dwellers 1-6 City 2011: David Silva
Newcastle 0-2 City 2012: Yaya Toure
City 1-1 BVB 2012: Hart
Chelsea 0-1 City 2017: KDB

So many to remember in recent years, but we’re much more of a team collective machine now so don’t get the standout performances as much. Would be good to delve into the Bell era etc for peoples memories.
Joe Hart vs Gundogans’ Dortmund

Just reading the unpopular City opinions thread and came across a discussion about Sir David Silva & his incredible performance against Hull in the title run-in back in 2013/14. We were down to 10 from early on & David carried us, with that said I’ve remembered some others from the top of my head:

City 2-1 Ipswich 1999: Weaver, those who were there will know what I mean, not 100% that was the score but some of the saves…
City 3-1 Birmingham 2001: Benarbia debut
City 3-1 Red Shite 2002: Goater last MR Derby
City 1-0 Stretford 2007: Micah @ 18 keeping them at bay
City 0-0 Dippers 2007: Dunne, wouldn’t be beaten that night
Chelsea 2-4 City: Tevez, back from a flight day of
Swamp Dwellers 1-6 City 2011: David Silva
Newcastle 0-2 City 2012: Yaya Toure
City 1-1 BVB 2012: Hart
Chelsea 0-1 City 2017: KDB

So many to remember in recent years, but we’re much more of a team collective machine now so don’t get the standout performances as much. Would be good to delve into the Bell era etc for peoples memories.
Oops I see you already put Hart :)

I don’t disagree PC but I thought merlin after Kompany got sent off took up the captains mantle, he bossed the midfield, then scored a beauty from outside the area to give us a crucial win.

I felt that Demichelis did that (took over the captain's mantle), to be honest. Merlin was immense. But then, there were so many masterclasses from him over the years, it didn't stand out so much. (In that same season, Merlin was brilliant in the second half at Anfield, a match it still annoys me that we lost, we had the dippers shitting bricks at one point – even though we ended up champions!).
Demichelis's best match for us, in my view. That's why it stands out for PC and myself.

I thought Demichelis was MOTM away at Hull after Kompany got sent off. Great performance from the lad.
Demichelis and Dzeko really stepped up on that runin. Demichelis certainly had plenty of doubters up to that point but became our defensive leader when Vinny was absent.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.