Greatest Individual Performance in a City Shirt

Eyal Berkovic always turned up in the Derby even if we didn't win he terrorised them, dunno what it is but he must've gated them as he absolutely loved tearing them apart... when he first arrived in English football for Southampton they beat the rags 6-3 that day, and they even had a goal disallowed too it was the Eyal Berkovic show he absolutely crushed them and they couldn't handle him.

He's gotta be up there with the rags most dreaded opponents in rem history.
Fantastic all round for us, the fact we shoehorned McManaman in for him, then shipped him off to Portsmouth was the beginning of the end of the Keegan era.

Fantastic all round for us, the fact we shoehorned McManaman in for him, then shipped him off to Portsmouth was the beginning of the end of the Keegan era.

Loved Keegan here for making me believe again but when he left Berkovic on the bench against Croclin in Europe, when everyone knew Eyal would destroy them that was it for me Keegan had to go, Eyal kept warming up people sang his name Keegan just ignored as our players were clueless and needed him on that pitch, we got knocked out that day Keegan put a dispute before the clubs interests, it cost us then he promised Antoine Sibierski would be our new playmaker something he clearly wasn't he worked hard and was great at headers but couldn't create shit.

Anyway the Kinkladze Vs Newcastle is the one that stuck out hence my name, never seen a more skillful player in person and I'm not sure I will either ,he was even man of the match in a 4-1 defeat at Boro how shit were we... We should've cashed in for the £9m fee being talked when we went down would've worked out better for both parties.

Bernardo v dippers (2-1), never seen a player cover ground like that for the full game..

Yaya at Newcastle (2-0), just listen to lescotts overview to know yaya wasn’t having any of the nerves coming off others, brutal performance

gio v Villa (3-1) - was his best ever game for me, he was like watching a ballet dancer that day

Komps v United (1-0) - towering and slapped everything in front of him

Alex Williams had a brilliant game at Stamford Bridge one year. First season back in the old 2nd Division, before the ground was renovated and the away section was about a mile from the pitch.
The Chelsea fans (who had a notoriously racist following in those days)gave him shit loads of abuse, he played a blinder and kept a clean sheet. From memory, Jim Tolmie scored with our only shot on goal with that really good free kick that day (that certainly shut them up!)
Yes, certainly remember that as I was in the Shed. Great free kick and Alex played great.....but it didn’t sit them up for long. They were even st it on the tube

Trautmann played on with a broken neck. 3-1 victory against Birmingham 1956 FA Cup Final. If he had gone off we would have lost.

Bernardo v dippers (2-1), never seen a player cover ground like that for the full game..

Yaya at Newcastle (2-0), just listen to lescotts overview to know yaya wasn’t having any of the nerves coming off others, brutal performance

gio v Villa (3-1) - was his best ever game for me, he was like watching a ballet dancer that day

Komps v United (1-0) - towering and slapped everything in front of him

Great shout on Bernardo. There's a tendency to remember the winning goals when it comes to this type of question, but Bernardo was immense that night.

Dunne and Richards in the 1-0 (Giovanni goal) derby win. Both were brilliant and put everything on the line.

As people have said, Joe Hart v Dortmund stands out, he was also superb v Spurs away in an opening game of the season. We had no right to get anything from either game!

De Jong v Chelsea in 2009, 2-1. He bossed the midfield against Lampard Essien and Ballack.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.