Greatest Manchester Band?

Take That broke up, they're riding the crest of their "comeback" wave, having tried to make it on thier own and failed miserably... not to mention its only UK dates; which are being attended by nostalgic women and kids who have merely heard the kind of impact they had on their mums at the time - so thats why that suggestion is no good.

Same with Kaiser Cheifs - i'll take your word for it that they are selling out large venues but again it'll only be in the UK, add to that they've not had anywhere near the impact a Smiths or an Oasis or a Stone Roses had AND they're from Leeds i think suggesting them as a "Great Manchester Band" isn't particularly bright.

GStar said:
Take That broke up, they're riding the crest of their "comeback" wave, having tried to make it on thier own and failed miserably... not to mention its only UK dates; which are being attended by nostalgic women* and kids who have merely heard the kind of impact they had on their mums at the time - so thats why that suggestion is no good.

Same with Kaiser Cheifs - i'll take your word for it that they are selling out large venues but again it'll only be in the UK, add to that they've not had anywhere near the impact a Smiths or an Oasis or a Stone Roses had AND they're from Leeds i think suggesting them as a "Great Manchester Band" isn't particularly bright.
*Oasis = Lager drinkers with tiny minds then.

I also think you'll find that 4hb knows the Chief's are from Leeds and was just making a point about selling out gigs.

RATM have reformed for your nostalgia then?

Oasis not only my favourite but the greatest.

Who else could sell out three Wembley stadium dates (270,000 tickets), two Heaton Park dates (140,000) plus they will sell out the third date (extra 70,000), Slane Castle (90,000), SOL (45,000), Murrayfield (60,000), so thats 675,000 tickets sold in a few hours?

No one else comes close, they could also have a set list of 50 songs that everyone would know, not many bands could do that either.

LEGENDS

Immaculate Pasta said:

Who else could sell out three Wembley stadium dates (270,000 tickets), two Heaton Park dates (140,000) plus they will sell out the third date (extra 70,000), Slane Castle (90,000), SOL (45,000), Murrayfield (60,000), so thats 675,000 tickets sold in a few hours?

No one else comes close, they could also have a set list of 50 songs that everyone would know, not many bands could do that either.

LEGENDS
Many bands and acts could.

Jackson, Prince, Led Zep, Spice Girls, Take That, McCartney, AC/DC, Metallica.......

I'll stop now.

Banned Tosspot said:
Immaculate Pasta said:

LEGENDS
Many bands and acts could.

Jackson, Prince, Led Zep, Spice Girls, Take That, McCartney, AC/DC, Metallica.......

I'll stop now.

Apart from MJ and Prince, i don't think any of them including McCartney could sell out concerts the size of Oasis.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.