Greatest Movie Director

spielberg made 2-3 near perfect movies and 2-3 great movies but it masks all the bang average ones he also did

cannot fault, shindlers list, jaws, raiders etc

However Spielbergs needing to rewrite history in saving private ryan and amistad for a soppy american dream reivisionism was poor, also his dumbiming down the colour purple has been reviewed and critiqued since it came out.

Hitchcock is still the greatest for me then for specific genre tgere are so many that weee good at telling a genre story, I could not say Speilberg hasnmade any more better number of films than

Carpenter
Caremon
Garland
peckinpah
Scorsese
Kubrick
Scott
Leone
Wilder
lean
kim jee won
Park chan-wook
boyle
loach

Some directors make blockbusters but really they are not ones I keep going back to watch while some make great films you can watch time and time again

You say: "spielberg made 2-3 near perfect movies and 2-3 great movies"

So that is six great movies, as a minimum, but I think it is more than that. 6 truly great movies is a lot.

I love John Carpenter, for instance, but has made two great movies at most.

You say: "spielberg made 2-3 near perfect movies and 2-3 great movies"

So that is six great movies, as a minimum, but I think it is more than that. 6 truly great movies is a lot.

I love John Carpenter, for instance, but has made two great movies at most.
The Fog, Escape from New York and The Thing in three successive years was such a high quality run.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.