Greatest (or most memorable) game you ever saw?

Another memorable game (that for some reason I forgot about, but now remember, so memorable ) Middlesboro semi final. Lost the away leg but tonked them at Gods green acre. The noise the Kippax made that night was unbelievable.

Maine Road 10-1
Old Wembley 2-2 won on pens
White Hart Lane 4-3
Swamp 10-1 [edit] 6-1
Wembley SF 1-0
Etihad Aguerooooooooooooooooo

Was there too mate as a fresh faced 17yo in the platt lane end, then had a little run around the pitch at full time with all the other loons
Weren't Huddersfield in the platt lane that day...about 500 of them went mad when May scored his pen?

A 6-0 win over Sheffield United stills makes me smile. Things changed for me that day.

Sory just seen this, just put similar but went for 500 vs your 50!

Could have been mate. A lot of water has passed under the bridge since then (and a lot of alcohol consumed) lol.

I can say with certainty that there wasn't many there that day! :-)

Was they? I must have been the north stand then me memory has faded in the 30 years that have passed, I'll blame it on spending every weekend in hippos partaking in disco biscuits in the late 80s early 90s

Edit just watched a vid back of it and I'm still pretty sure I was in the platt lane end I would have been stood at the back with me dad and all the other bus drivers.

Edit edit, I'm throughly confused now about where I was, which is no surprise as I can't even remember where I worked yesterday.

I know the feeling fella. Only too well haha

Charlton - December 1986. Went on the Special to Selhurst Park in between Christmas and New Year, therefore cold and no beer. A 9 hour round trip. We got beat 0-5 and don't recall us having a single attempt on goal in the 90 minutes. Those were the days.

Could have been mate. A lot of water has passed under the bridge since then (and a lot of alcohol consumed) lol.

I can say with certainty that there wasn't many there that day! :-)
Haha, no barely a coach load...think there were only around 22k blues as well but this is another York away as of my mates who usually numbered 8 for home games only me and 1 other went, yet everyone claims they were there!!

Haha, no barely a coach load...think there were only around 22k blues as well but this is another York away as of my mates who usually numbered 8 for home games only me and 1 other went, yet everyone claims they were there!!

19.5k were there. My season ticket was in H block at that time, but for some reason and I don't know why, I was in the North Stand that day.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.