Greatest winger to play for City

hallstreetblue said:
No brainer for me. Has to be Peter Barnes.

That would be my choice; my dad would take Mike Summerbee all day long! I only Buzzer live twice, but I saw a lot of Peter Barnes in his early years and he was something else. I thought his trouncing of Vogts as a young player against West Germany was one of the best ever performances by such a young winger.

blueyorkie said:
I've been fortunate to watch some great ones. Starting with David Wagstaffe, the Buzzer, Peter Barnes and Dennis Tueart, David White, Peter Beagrie, SWP and now Jesus Navas. Am sure I must have left someone out but on balance because of what we won I'd have to say Buzzer was the best so far.

me too mate where tommy hutchinson of your list

Has to be Buzzer followed by Barnsy and Dennis.
Defenders looked scarred to tackle Buzzer, allegedly because as soon as the whistle went for the game to start he would hunt the fullback down and put in a "tackle". Never gave less than 100%.
Barnsy was fast, very skillful and a good dribbler.
The poster who asked whether Sambrook was any good my dad always said he was pretty useless and had less pace than Ricky Holden. I think he was replaced by Clive Colbridge, who was no better.

r.soleofsalford said:
one of my first blue shirted hero was david wagstaff who was a winger barnes tueart hutchington beagrie were all great wingers but for me mike summerbee was the best, a great crosser of the ball, a great dribbler, but unbelievably aggressive, he was for a time very very effectively used as a deep lying centre forward.

summerbee senior gets my vote

Exactly the same for me. David Wagstaff when I first started going but - over the while period - Mike Summerbee. Great character as well as a superb player. Still flying the flag today.

Must say I like the look of Navas but early doors.

tony coleman , one season wonder , but a vital part of our '68 championship winning team , great winger , loved watching TC play , but my all time favourite is easy , MIke Summerbee , no crowd or occasion bothered buzzer , and he just gave the same 100% effort , a true City legend.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.