Greatest winger to play for City

for me it'd have to be Huckerby as i wasn't around to witness any of the previous greats
too bad Kinky wasn't a winger else i'd be saying it'd be him

Navas isn't quite there yet needs more game time doubt it though for this season as that slacker Nasri is playing better than him

Jesus is going to be the greatest that I have seen,...... love those low crosses....... but discounting potential, then its a toss up between Dennis Dink and Buzzer in my books
Special mentions to Whitey and Spider for the bronze medal, but Nicky, Buster and Tricky don't, and shouldn't, even make the shortlist.
Barnesy was good, but too soft for my liking, and Beagrie was like Jordan. Good in parts.

Ball came out with some sh*te when talking to the press ; " I really enjoyed that, " taking the top spot, but he also came out with a pearler telling the world that Buster would be the first 10 mill player.

I'm a name missing as well. He came from the dark side and played shit in a 11 shirt. does that count as a winger?
Mike Nolan. whats the answer? or anybody else?

Chris

Of the ones I saw in the flesh Summerbee and Tueart were the best.

However I gather that Eric Brook was an amazing player.

has anyone mentioned the late Roy Clarke? He played his heart out for City, uniquely played in three different divisions in three consecutive matches, won 22 caps for Wales, and worked behind the scenes then ran the City Social Club for 25 years with his wife Kathy. He conducted tours round Maine Road, one of which I was on, and he told a great story how one game he had had an indifferent first half, so the skipper, Roy Paul, grabbed him, stuck his fist under Clarke's nose and threatened him with physical violence if he didn't show a bit of bottle. "I improved a lot", said Roy, who had feared for his life.
Sadly, although he later attended City games with his son-in-law, he had Alzheimer's disease, which saw him off. I had a word with him once before a game and he gave me a sad, garbled answer. I realised then what he had.
But he was a true Blue club man.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.