Greed

I agree.

In fact i think it descends down to something as basic as food, people have grown used to having everything available to them, foods that were traditional luxuries becoming cheap and every day items.

For example meat should be expensive, it's getting back to that way now, but everyone still wants to eat it for practically every meal, every day, then complain at the price of their shopping. Well stop buying expensive items so often...

They say the food of a country reflects it's people, in my experience it's very true. Food for a large section of this country is based around greed and laziness.

SWP's back said:
bluetoo said:
SWP's back said:
Ok. Which recession are you referring to?
you know...the global one?
Didn't know we were in one? We certainly aren't in uk unless you know something I don't?
I would say theres about 5 million home owners whose house prices have crashed through the floor and hundreds of thousands of small businesses who have gone to the wall might disagree with you. I would also suggest the ever increasing length of the dole queues are an indicating factor that something is amiss also. Usually its a good indicator that the economy isnt doing too well when people latch onto the flimsiest of excuses to take to the streets for a bit of good old fashioned looting....oh wait..

bluetoo said:
SWP's back said:
bluetoo said:
you know...the global one?
Didn't know we were in one? We certainly aren't in uk unless you know something I don't?
I would say theres about 5 million home owners whose house prices have crashed through the floor and hundreds of thousands of small businesses who have gone to the wall might disagree with you. I would also suggest the ever increasing length of the dole queues are an indicating factor that something is amiss also. Usually its a good indicator that the economy isnt doing too well when people latch onto the flimsiest of excuses to take to the streets for a bit of good old fashioned looting....oh wait..
Hmmm, still doesn't make it a recession and unemployment is falling.

Just admit, you used the word without knowing what it meant. We are not in a recession and haven't been for 20 months.

bluetoo said:
kp789 said:
The way you group "ourselves" makes it impossible to blame anyone else, of course it is someones fault
i say ourselves because as a whole our society allowed it to happen...in fact people actively encouraged it...people who were only too glad to be duped into debt they could never afford to get out of...in the US there was a spectacular crash when people realised that some day somehow it would have to be paid back...they made trillions of dollars worth of deals on the premise of believing they would never have to deal with it when it came to pay the piper.
It is dominant ideology, we are taught from a young age that achieving status and having a materialistic outlook and owning the latest objects of desire. This is what we believe to be 'success'. I would not agree however that this is what has resulted in the riots and lootings as without purchasing these objects ourselves we have not fully achieved our goal. No one wants to challenge dominant ideology in this instance.instance.

plus it was greed that caused banks to go tits up therefoth causing the recession.
greed has also had its hand in the errosion of the family group.family is where you learn repect for society but if just to get by on a average livestyle both parents are having to work 40-50 hrs a week the ability to spend time with your children is diminished and thats if you even have two parents but that just a small part of the problems that society is facing

SWP's back said:
bluetoo said:
SWP's back said:
Hmmm, still doesn't make it a recession and unemployment is falling.

Just admit, you used the word without knowing what it meant. We are not in a recession and haven't been for 20 months.

I didnt say the UK was in a recession...you assumed I did. What we are seeing though is the ramifications of a global recession that has affected us all. I maintain it has been brought about by greed. The USA has lost its triple A credit rating for the first time. That bears huge significance to all of us. China are now holding their hand out expecting to be paid and the consequences of that will be felt far and wide.

a recession is when the ecomny has negative growthfor 3 or more months in a row it actually happened bout 18 months ago but the recovery is very slow and there is a danger of double dip recession

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.