Greed

bluetoo said:
SWP's back said:
bluetoo said:
I would say theres about 5 million home owners whose house prices have crashed through the floor and hundreds of thousands of small businesses who have gone to the wall might disagree with you. I would also suggest the ever increasing length of the dole queues are an indicating factor that something is amiss also. Usually its a good indicator that the economy isnt doing too well when people latch onto the flimsiest of excuses to take to the streets for a bit of good old fashioned looting....oh wait..
Hmmm, still doesn't make it a recession and unemployment is falling.

Just admit, you used the word without knowing what it meant. We are not in a recession and haven't been for 20 months.

I didnt say the UK was in a recession...you assumed I did. What we are seeing though is the ramifications of a global recession that has affected us all. I maintain it has been brought about by greed. The USA has lost its triple A credit rating for the first time. That bears huge significance to all of us. China are now holding their hand out expecting to be paid and the consequences of that will be felt far and wide.
Look fella, this is now my area of expertise and you don't know what you are talking about. The US has lost it's AAA with 1 of the 3 credit ratings agencies. This was not due to their inability to pay and everything to do with petty squabbling in the senate. In fact since the downgrade, yields on US bonds has fallen (a default risk would see them increase) as investors have ploughed into US gilts due to market volatility.

Do not try and bluff your way around a very complex issue that you are not qualified to lecture on. If you would a very good 7 page Market commentary on the current situation, pm me your email address and I shall send you the one my company produced on Monday that looks into the sort of things you are talking about. I've already done so for a few of the posters on here that needed some advice during volatile times.

As for me thinking you were talking about the UK, you mentioned the UK housing and employment markets so it is only reasonable that I should think you we're talking about the UK especially when I said we werent in recession and you said "tell that to the..." The fact you changed the goal posts when you looked into it and saw we are NOT in a recession is not my fault.

Well said op.

You won't get much change out of these jokers though as they can't see past 'the scum taking stuff'.

Questions such as 'why is our culture so greedy?' is above their level. Don't even bother.

Bring in the army!!!!

SWP's back said:
bluetoo said:
SWP's back said:
Hmmm, still doesn't make it a recession and unemployment is falling.

Just admit, you used the word without knowing what it meant. We are not in a recession and haven't been for 20 months.

I didnt say the UK was in a recession...you assumed I did. What we are seeing though is the ramifications of a global recession that has affected us all. I maintain it has been brought about by greed. The USA has lost its triple A credit rating for the first time. That bears huge significance to all of us. China are now holding their hand out expecting to be paid and the consequences of that will be felt far and wide.
Look fella, this is now my area of expertise and you don't know what you are talking about. The US has lost it's AAA with 1 of the 3 credit ratings agencies. This was not due to their inability to pay and everything to do with petty squabbling in the senate. In fact since the downgrade, yields on US bonds has fallen (a default risk would see them increase) as investors have ploughed into US gilts due to market volatility.

Do not try and bluff your way around a very complex issue that you are not qualified to lecture on. If you would a very good 7 page Market commentary on the current situation, pm me your email address and I shall send you the one my company produced on Monday that looks into the sort of things you are talking about. I've already done so for a few of the posters on here that needed some advice during volatile times.

As for me thinking you were talking about the UK, you mentioned the UK housing and employment markets so it is only reasonable that I should think you we're talking about the UK especially when I said we werent in recession and you said "tell that to the..." The fact you changed the goal posts when you looked into it and saw we are NOT in a recession is not my fault.
lol@ look fella...who do you reckon youre talking to? Bluff my way around a complex issue?...wasnt that what fanny and frank tried to do? The smokescreen bullshit that they been hiding behind for decades has now been exposed and whether you capitalists like it or not the ramifications are coming back to bite us all. Greed has been our master for too long now and whether you care to admit it or not its making us pay.

How many kids do you know at 18 who are satsified with hand me downs like we were? How many 18 year olds whine and bleat when they cant get designer gear? How many of those same kids have been taught that you have to earn the right to own this stuff? Im not saying ppl should settle for second best but when you constantly pump the lie into them its their god given right to have it its not surprising that theyre gonna expect it.

SWP's back said:
^^^^
none of that changes anything I said.
nor me either<br /><br />-- Aug 10th, '11, 22:29 --<br /><br />
TheMightyQuinn said:
Capitalism demands that products are worth more than their producers.
sanity at last

bluetoo said:
SWP's back said:
^^^^
none of that changes anything I said.
nor me either

-- Aug 10th, '11, 22:29 --

TheMightyQuinn said:
Capitalism demands that products are worth more than their producers.
sanity at last
I wasn't arguing against your points on greed. Just on your economics mate. Everyone can have their own world view, but im a stickler for facts on economics.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.