Greed

Conversation with my dad today upset me a bit. He said that in spite of everything that is going on he had been thinking about all the bullshit he's been fed over the past 50-60 years from the press, politicians and the like. He sad the most upsetting thing was that he'd believed half of it. Clearly, we don't know the answers, but something has to change.

Blue Tooth said:
SWP's back said:
Blue Tooth said:
Thankyou. You can actually avoid much of the media now too if you choose too but most people don't hence the sway it has. I am curious as to what constitutes 'senior' in your world and whilst they may feel it has always been thus my 'seniors'(65+) always talk about better times, community spirit and the like that appears to be pretty much non existent thses days.
Yeah 65-93, spoken about it with half a dozen of my older clients this week funnily enough as the media were worrying them. 93 being the oldest, he's a Baron no less. I suppose it depends if Rose tinted glasses have been worn.

My father could walk out of a job in the morning and into another one that afternoon back in the late 50's early 60's.My folks were both immigrants and uneducated but with a stong work ethic...they made a life for themselves and never took a handout because it was emminently doable. Maybe it was their drive that helped them or maybe the circumstances were more favourable economically.It's a tough one.When I ask him, he says it was better then with no hesitation.
I don't know on the job thing, I have walked out of several jobs in the morning and been back in employment the same day. So long as your flexible, it's neigh on impossible to not find work. I've never not been employed (before I went alone 3 years ago). The trouble is half these kids think most jobs are below them. The work ethic just isn't there in some. I blame reality tv in instant fame for people of no discerable talent.

I'm getting grumpy with age.

Blue Tooth said:
SWP's back said:
I don't know on the job thing, I have walked out of several jobs in the morning and been back in employment the same day.

You economists ;)
No, well before then, I sold timeshare (3 different companies) over the phone, was an estate agent, car sales, telesales bloke at axa during which time I studied at home for industry qualifications to get better jobs.

That's all on top of the obligatory pot wash, waiter and bar staff at school and uni.

As I say, so long as you're willing to accept you won't start at the top on 60k, the are always jobs around.

SWP's back said:
Blue Tooth said:
SWP's back said:
I don't know on the job thing, I have walked out of several jobs in the morning and been back in employment the same day.

You economists ;)
No, well before then, I sold timeshare (3 different companies) over the phone, was an estate agent, car sales, telesales bloke at axa during which time I studied at home for industry qualifications to get better jobs.

That's all on top of the obligatory pot wash, waiter and bar staff at school and uni.

As I say, so long as you're willing to accept you won't start at the top on 60k, the are always jobs around.

Can't say I disagree to be fair. My experience was that getting the first job and becoming employed opened the door to the next, whatever that might have been.
I went from a Manpower services scheme to OEM account manager for a large electronic component importer via assembly lines and clerk positions...before I got sick of corprorate life and gave it all up, downsized and set up my own company doing something I loved 12 years ago.

I must say that material goods mean nothing to me, last year I bought myself a new Motor for 3 grand, had to bung a lot of overtime in to pay for that but it's a Necessity not a Luxury as I use to get to work aswell as getting my farther to and from appointements.

I do not own an Iphone, Ipad, X Box, PS3 or Plasma TV, I have a fairly old Nokia Phone (it makes calls and I can send Textes), I go and watch City in my spare time) and my trusty little portable is more than suffice for what little TV I do watch.

beano46 said:
I must say that material goods mean nothing to me, last year I bought myself a new Motor for 3 grand, had to bung a lot of overtime in to pay for that but it's a Necessity not a Luxury as I use to get to work aswell as getting my farther to and from appointements.

I do not own an Iphone, Ipad, X Box, PS3 or Plasma TV, I have a fairly old Nokia Phone (it makes calls and I can send Textes), I go and watch City in my spare time) and my trusty little portable is more than suffice for what little TV I do watch.
Doffs cap in your direction.

beano46 said:

what about your computer/laptop your using to post on here? ;)

ban-mcfc said:
beano46 said:

what about your computer/laptop your using to post on here? ;)

He hasn't got one. beano has a chip implanted into his brain.

SWP's back said:
fwiw the consensus is that companies are hugely undervalued with great room for growth over the medium to long term.

I'd respectfully disagree with this but then if we all agreed we wouldn't have a market!!!<br /><br />-- Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:44 pm --<br /><br />
JohnMaddocksAxe said:
A guessers game, with some guesser, as with any sort of gambling, being more informed and knowledgeable than others.

Hush now, that bit is a secret!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.