Greek Holidays

Leaving shitty bog paper in a basket can be a godsend.

Many years ago I had horrendous shits in Ios and had to rush into a cafe toilet, it was only after I’d squirted everywhere that I realised there was no bog paper left. Rummaging around that basket tearing of little bits of paper that didn’t have shit on was a moment to remember. Sadly there wasn’t enough and had to go home with no tee shirt.

It was a great Island though. Very rustic.

gR8MNnR.gif

Decent airline to Greece out of Manchester too - Aegean Airlines are extremely good, well run, profitable and still have a full on board service which is pretty rare these days.

My mate just bought a house in Nikiti. We were going to go and stay there until I read that you have to shit in a basket.
Dirty bastards. He hasn't mentioned that.

My mate just bought a house in Nikiti. We were going to go and stay there until I read that you have to shit in a basket.
Dirty bastards. He hasn't mentioned that.
Lol. You only shit in a basket if you want to. You don’t HAVE to shit in the basket.

Me & Mrs Moon go to Rodos twice a year and have never had water issues & we stay at a superb budget end of the market hotel.

Not really noticed any major differences since 'the crash' & the people are lovely, after around 14 trips to the same hotel (always laughed a people doing that sort of thing when I was younger) the staff are now personal friends.

Did Cyprus in January, got the nice week for weather but not my cup of tea, found it a watered down Greece with too many Russians & a bit too plastic in a Canary Is way.

@flyer what sort of accommodation are you looking for? The place we stay at is halfway between the airport & Rhodes in a proper village perfect for non ravers but close enough to get a bus in if that's your bag for a couple of Euros.

You are dead right about the Russians, total crawling with them around the Coral Bay area and rude as fuck when we went Paphos zoo, barging people out the way.

Decent airline to Greece out of Manchester too - Aegean Airlines are extremely good, well run, profitable and still have a full on board service which is pretty rare these days.

Flew back with these, decent airline and usually full of Greek people, who usually behave a bit better than the English riff raff.

I haven't been for a couple of years but I love it. I don't bother with the nice hotels because I prefer mixing with the locals as they have so much character. I last went to Sivota and Parga, getting a boat over to the mainland from Corfu. Can do boat trips to Paxos and Antipaxos as well which are both lovely.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.