Greg Cunningham...

Young and still learning.

And as he is still young and learning it's probably best to support his development rather than suggesting that he is awful.

Discuss.....

he is way out of his depth. i first saw this last year at scunthorpe when he came on. dont think he will be around much longer.

He did get brushed aside for WBA's second, patience though, I reckon he may come good with the right guidence.
Whether he is going to be an integral players for us or just a stand in Prem player remains to be seen.

Hopefully he will learn from last night and take things from it.

Blue-Eyes said:
Young and still learning.

And as he is still young and learning it's probably best to support his development rather than suggesting that he is awful.

Discuss.....

everytime hes played hes been shocking. Boyata has shown that he is good enough to make it at this level.

Look, can we have some fucking realism here.

Good enough for who and what? I went last night. He was very poor. I accept he is a young player, and of course I support City giving youth a chance, but he, Mee, Vidal, Ibrahim, Guidetti, are no better than the likes of Croft, Flood, Miller, Ethuhu etc.

Arsenal produce Gibbs. Who is about 4 leagues better than Cunningham. Add to that Wilshire, and the others. So yes, it's all well and good giving these players a chance, but they will end up with the majority of others who have come through.

Playing in the first and second division.

I'm generally reserved about judging out young players but this kid sadly doesn't look up to scratch. Some of his passing in the Timisoara game and on tour was insanely bad. But the coaching staff know him better than us and awarded him a 4 year contract. So we will see.

Apart from last night, I think he has played in matches where we weren't under the same kind of pressure as he found himself. Seems to have been found wanting but he's only nineteen - how many nineteen year-old fullbacks in the PL? - and Trappatoni thinks he can do it for the Republic.

Full-back is the position that takes the longest to grow into. Give him time. I would loan him out to a club at the highest level we can, for a season. He's got two Republic of Ireland caps already and while they aren't the best national team in the world they're hardly the Faroe Islands either.

Call me crazy but I think some of these players should be loaned to the continent, those leagues often have more emphasis on the technical side and positional sense. What came of our supposed link with AC Arles-Avignon? We should do with them, what the Scum do with Royal Antwerp or whoever it is..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.