Greg Cunningham...

I'm not gonna have a go at our young players but it's true that players that come through the Arsenal system have been a class above most of what comes out of ours.
Hopefully this is something we can work on , getting players to come through and be good enough for regular first team action is something we need to be doing, we can't just keep buying players for evermore.
We need to start stealing kids from other clubs academies, just like Wenger does.

bluemoon32 said:
I'm not gonna have a go at our young players but it's true that players that come through the Arsenal system have been a class above most of what comes out of ours.
Hopefully this is something we can work on , getting players to come through and be good enough for regular first team action is something we need to be doing, we can't just keep buying players for evermore.
We need to start stealing kids from other clubs academies, just like Wenger does.
You will never find a kid thats ready for the highest level and be top mature player. Even the brightest of young talents will make mistake and you just have to accept it. Gibbs messed up against man u semi final in the CL, and few other times as well. Wilshere messed up for the liverpool game and has made several mistakes so far this season by getting caught on the ball. You just cant expect youngsters to be as solid as experienced top flight players.

It seems Cunningham has came out of nowhere last season, but before him all the talk was of Ryan McGivern as our lest left back. Where's he these days?

msl said:
It seems Cunningham has came out of nowhere last season, but before him all the talk was of Ryan McGivern as our lest left back. Where's he these days?

Walsall on loan. He isn't progressing well at all and isn't going to make it with us, will probably be sold off soon barring miraculous progress.

LoveCity said:
msl said:

Walsall on loan. He isn't progressing well at all and isn't going to make it with us, will probably be sold off soon barring miraculous progress.

It seems a lot of our 'promising' youngsters are thrown by the wayside after success in the academy. Lets hope the EDS will rectify some of these problems and give the kids a chance to play in senior games. Time will tell I supose

Being Irish I honestly feel he is getting a great chance with Ireland at the moment which he dosent deserve at the moment. I look at him as a prospect that needs to play football at the moment. He is lucky with Ireland to be part of the squad and it will bring him on and will up his level of play for City in the future. Bridge wont be here long term and because of his age we wont get rid of him just yetas he offers options. Can play all down the left side if need be. Needs time but training with the players we have should get him to the next level if he works hard.

Ummm...how bad was Cunningham last night?

I'm sorry I am at a position of complete and utter disbelief at how this lad gets a game let alone a 4-year contract.

Now I didn't watch the match last night as the match started at 4am, and it was only a Carling Cup match, but watching the extended highlights he was his usual inept self, no positional sense, inability to tackle, pass, mark or do anything but chase shadows. He must give hope to all those children who like to eat the bark off trees, that they could once become a professional footballer.

I don't like to victimise players (I think Jo is actually unfairly criticised for the work he does), but somebody else in the club and on bluemoon must see how awful he is. No offence to the lad personally he's probably a really nice guy and I hope he does well but please can you become a Stockport County player so I can stop complaining, thanks.

{cheers for the merge mods}

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.