Greg Cunningham...

Probably end up in the championship, certainly not going to be good enough for us. Still, another succesful academy product playing football.

Why are people hating on Guidetti? He played a part in the goal and this was his first game at this level. He has lots of talent and potential. Would rather have him than Welbeck.

100 agree, Boyata is in a different league, and as such, it's harsh to compare them directly just because they a similar age. Messi and Adam Johnson are the same age, shall be compare those two and suggest that AJ is sh*t?

Cunningham's a young player who needs to make mistakes, give the ball away and get run senseless by a winger in order to develop. I'm pretty sure if you look back world class fullbacks like Maldini and Cole had a rough time when starting out *before anyone starts, I'm not suggesting Cunningham is as good as Cole and Maldini*

There's every chance he will end up in the SPL or Championship but to write him off after a handful of games is harsh.

Get behind him, show him a bit of love and he might surprise a few people.

LoveCity said:
Why are people hating on Guidetti? He played a part in the goal and this was his first game at this level. He has lots of talent and potential. Would rather have him than Welbeck.

Guidetti will make it IMO, there's no reason why he can't become a useful squad player for us over the next couple of seasons, and then we'll see how things kick on from there...

when shauny wright first came through i remember people slagging him off. with young players you need to give them time. obviously he isnt good enough now but you never know.

Blue-Eyes said:
100 agree, Boyata is in a different league, and as such, it's harsh to compare them directly just because they a similar age. Messi and Adam Johnson are the same age, shall be compare those two and suggest that AJ is sh*t?

Cunningham's a young player who needs to make mistakes, give the ball away and get run senseless by a winger in order to develop. I'm pretty sure if you look back world class fullbacks like Maldini and Cole had a rough time when starting out *before anyone starts, I'm not suggesting Cunningham is as good as Cole and Maldini*

There's every chance he will end up in the SPL or Championship but to write him off after a handful of games is harsh.

But im not coparing cunningham to ashley cole or evra ffs i could compare him to ben fucking thatcher and he still wouldnt be better than him!

With the money we have giving Cunningham a 4 year contract must mean the lad has massive potential. I think he look's decent from what i have seen, confident on the ball and not afraid to make a tackle.

Ideally we wouldnt have had so many youngsters out there last night, it's a difficult place to go.

Stillsy said:
Blue-Eyes said:

But im not coparing cunningham to ashley cole or evra ffs i could compare him to ben fucking thatcher and he still wouldnt be better than him!
We'll agree to disagree on this one Stillsy.
My issue is not really about comparing him against others. I've got an issue with a young kid being written off after a few games.

Why, as City fans, would we right off one of our own kids? Surely by backing him up and not slating him on an internet forum would be a slightly better way forward?

davymcfc said:
when shauny wright first came through i remember people slagging him off. with young players you need to give them time. obviously he isnt good enough now but you never know.
I never heard anyone slag Wright-Phillips ofgf when he first came through. He played at right-back a few times and did well and only got encouragement, i do hear plenty slag him off now though and i'm one of them as he has gone backwards as a goal threat and goal playmaker.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.