Gregg Wallace

If people didn’t speculate, lots would never get diagnosed though. Being diagnosed can be a positive thing if it gets you the help that you need.

Being on the spectrum can be a positive thing.
That’s true but I am quite grateful I didn’t recognise the “spectrum” traits I suffered with as a child as I grew up believing I was like everyone else. My life would have been changed I reckon and perhaps not for the better, who knows.

Those traits included being largely non-verbal.

Last edited:
Indeed, having that diagnosis can be crucial to a person's development and wellbeing. I'm not at liberty to discuss this in detail, but like you, I know from experience, shall we say.

I don't know whether I'm on the spectrum or not. Never had a diagnosis myself but I suspect I am with some of my traits.
I’m probably similar, but never felt the need to see where I am.

The only negative is the abuse from people who think they abuse the system in order to gain advantages, but they seem to be cynical, older people who expect the worst of people rather than the best.

That’s true but I am quite grateful I didn’t recognise the “spectrum” traits I suffered with as a child as I grew up believing I was like everyone else. My life would have been changed I reckon and perhaps not for the better, who knows.

Those traits include being largely non-verbal.
Glad it’s worked out for you. If you’re happy, there’s no reason to think what if.

I genuinely didn't realise he was hated this much! Seems OK on inside the factory, that's the only place I know him from though.

I’m probably similar, but never felt the need to see where I am.

The only negative is the abuse from people who think they abuse the system in order to gain advantages, but they seem to be cynical, older people who expect the worst of people rather than the best.

I've not felt the need to get one either.

I agree, there is a pattern of misguided judgemental ignorance on issues like this. Like you say, they see the worst or perceive it to be so. Cynical phrases about "mental health" when they have no idea what thar person's life is like.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.