Gregg Wallace

A lot of people are on the spectrum and many without knowing. Doesn't make them dickheads or obnoxious like Wallace.
This “on the spectrum” is a load of tosh. Everyone has some sort of trait that could be defined as being a result of natural development from being shy to liking a certain type of potato for their mash. I have plenty of weird habits but am clearly able to survive on my own in the world and anyone who can shouldn’t be claiming some sort of uncontrollable problem for being a dick. It demeans the real issues some people have.

This “on the spectrum” is a load of tosh. Everyone has some sort of trait that could be defined as being a result of natural development from being shy to liking a certain type of potato for their mash. I have plenty of weird habits but am clearly able to survive on my own in the world and anyone who can shouldn’t be claiming some sort of uncontrollable problem for being a dick. It demeans the real issues some people have.
I have a non-speaking autistic nephew, so understand the spectrum more than most.

The further down/up the spectrum, the further away responses are from the normal.

Suggesting Wallace is some way down/up the spectrum isn’t belittling my nephew, it’s merely offering a potential reason why Wallace has to have his certain routine and make decisions seemingly devoid of normal human emotion.

He may well be a duck as well. They aren’t mutually exclusive of each other.

But it's not necessarily being on the spectrum or otherwise that makes him the arsehole that he is.
It does work both ways, yeah. Having gone through the autism process with my nephew, I noticed some of Wallace’s responses as ticking relevant boxes for autism. He may well not have a diagnosis and still be a dick though.

I have a non-speaking autistic nephew, so understand the spectrum more than most.

The further down/up the spectrum, the further away responses are from the normal.

Suggesting Wallace is some way down/up the spectrum isn’t belittling my nephew, it’s merely offering a potential reason why Wallace has to have his certain routine and make decisions seemingly devoid of normal human emotion.

He may well be a duck as well. They aren’t mutually exclusive of each other.
I should clarify that what I meant was that I think the spectrum should be reserved for people diagnosed on it, in my opinion. Unfortunately the definition has expanded over time from its original usage.

I should clarify that what I meant was that I think the spectrum should be reserved for people diagnosed on it, in my opinion. Unfortunately the definition has expanded over time from its original usage.
If people didn’t speculate, lots would never get diagnosed though. Being diagnosed can be a positive thing if it gets you the help that you need.

Being on the spectrum can be a positive thing.

Lots of people self diagnose with autism, no need to bother yourself with doctors and physicians.

Can you self identify as autistic UK?

After doing some research, some people recognise enough to choose to self-identify as autistic, and this is perfectly valid. Others may be less clear, and wonder if there are any benefits to having a formal diagnosis

If people didn’t speculate, lots would never get diagnosed though. Being diagnosed can be a positive thing if it gets you the help that you need.

Being on the spectrum can be a positive thing.

Indeed, having that diagnosis can be crucial to a person's development and wellbeing. I'm not at liberty to discuss this in detail, but like you, I know from experience, shall we say.

I don't know whether I'm on the spectrum or not. Never had a diagnosis myself but I suspect I am with some of my traits.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.