Grenfell Tower block disaster

Probably because it was convenient for the Tory Government and Tory local authority to set the media narrative early via their mouthpieces at the Mail, Sun, Times etc and to divert blame towards convenient scapegoats rather than their own many failings
You think the Tory govt set the timetable for witness evidence? Right.

Dont really understand your point there or your position through this thread while the enquiry has been ongoing. You took the hump about the fire service being called as witnesses first and never seemed to have got over it. Someone/agency had to go first and it doesnt matter in which order because its only in order for the report to be written which is what enquiry evidence enables. There isnt a first, or a second or any other part beyond witnesses being examined and then a report being made. Why is it relevant what order they were heard in?
Because the way they framed it at the time they tried to hang us out to dry, maybe they should’ve presented the causes and reasons why it went up and presented that first before saying oh you should’ve saved more when in fact getting as many out as they did was superhuman effort.

Why would it shock you I they somehow had a hand in it all, because it wouldn’t go me.
Were they even in power when it was built and wasn’t it even illegal back then?

Personally I’m blaming the cowboys who built the fucking thing. Not any government who wouldn’t look at individual buildings so closely.

Why would it shock you I they somehow had a hand in it all, because it wouldn’t go me.
Because when the report into this enquiry is written it will matter not one bit who gave evidence first, last or 23rd. Who gave evidence first in the McPherson enquiry? Who gave evidence second in the Ladbroke Grove rail enquiry? Who gave evidence last for the Hutton Report?

Lovely how they castigated the fire service and now the second part comes out and the whole thing was set to go up like a Roman candle. Fire service stood very little chance once it started, couple that with certain people calling us racist as well, I don’t expect any apologies though.

Do you think the 'stay put' advice was wise?

Were they even in power when it was built and wasn’t it even illegal back then?

Personally I’m blaming the cowboys who built the fucking thing. Not any government who wouldn’t look at individual buildings so closely.

Construction began in 1972 and it was completed in 1974. Edward Heath was PM from 1970-74.

Although the offending cladding was only added as part of renovations in 2015-16.

There isn't any point blaming individual politicians or central government who played no direct part in this specific tragedy. However it would be right to direct blame at politicians for general failures in regards to weak building control/fire safety legislation and a lax attitude to regulation if it is shown that these issues were highlighted by earlier incidents but the recommendations of reports were not implemented.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.