Grenfell Tower block disaster

Whilst it is very sad for those that died, sort the living out. People, through no fault of their own, are living in dangerous high rise apartments 5 YEARS after this tragedy.
Stop arguing whilst trying to save a few thousand pounds, People are living in apartments they can't sell, they are faced with huge bills they can't afford and all the time at the risk of dying in the same horrible way. Whilst I have no answer, politicians should have, fucking sort it.

Whilst it is very sad for those that died, sort the living out. People, through no fault of their own, are living in dangerous high rise apartments 5 YEARS after this tragedy.
Stop arguing whilst trying to save a few thousand pounds, People are living in apartments they can't sell, they are faced with huge bills they can't afford and all the time at the risk of dying in the same horrible way. Whilst I have no answer, politicians should have, fucking sort it.
Not just that, the relic of a building is still there, reminding them daily.

Not just that, the relic of a building is still there, reminding them daily.
I don't know whether that is right or wrong. It is a poignant reminder of the tragedy and it focuses shit houses minds onto the problem, but, there's always a but, families of the deceased still see the tower all day every day.

Anyone get the feeling that not enough has been made of this truly shameful disaster?

The whole world saw what happened and, sadly, they’ve seen that the victims got no justice. Maybe if those had not been so poor, or foreign, things might have been so different?

At the time it was hoped that the disaster would be a much-needed sea-change for social housing but alas, naivety got the better of people like me.

I don't know whether that is right or wrong. It is a poignant reminder of the tragedy and it focuses shit houses minds onto the problem, but, there's always a but, families of the deceased still see the tower all day every day.
It’s covered with the fabric showing the Green Heart on each side, but it‘s still there.

The government have the freehold on it now.

Anyone get the feeling that not enough has been made of this truly shameful disaster?

The whole world saw what happened and, sadly, they’ve seen that the victims got no justice. Maybe if those had not been so poor, or foreign, things might have been so different?

At the time it was hoped that the disaster would be a much-needed sea-change for social housing but alas, naivety got the better of people like me.
It has nothing to do with being poor or foreign. Thousands of people both with a bit of money (mortgage) and the poor are still stuck in unsafe houses.
The cladding conformed to current legislation, ( as I understand it) If it did, the govt. should stand the bill, if it didn't make the developer pay. If he goes bust, the government steps in. You cannot expect someone to go to bed worrying in case their neighbours have the tumble dryer on.

It has nothing to do with being poor or foreign. Thousands of people both with a bit of money (mortgage) and the poor are still stuck in unsafe houses.
The cladding conformed to current legislation, ( as I understand it) If it did, the govt. should stand the bill, if it didn't make the developer pay. If he goes bust, the government steps in. You cannot expect someone to go to bed worrying in case their neighbours have the tumble dryer on.

I agree 100% with you about people living in unsafe buildings. I happen to know people who live in Salford Quays and they have had an absolute nightmare. They have been let down by the Government, developers and the building industry. Aspirational property owners who bought bags of shite.

My point was purely about the unfortunate victims of Grenfell Tower. Justice for them is needed now.

I agree 100% with you about people living in unsafe buildings. I happen to know people who live in Salford Quays and they have had an absolute nightmare. They have been let down by the Government, developers and the building industry. Aspirational property owners who bought bags of shite.

My point was purely about the unfortunate victims of Grenfell Tower. Justice for them is needed now.
On that I agree.

I haven’t got time now but have a listen to the BBC podcast Grenfell Enquiry. It’s around 200 episodes long and it is an absolute disgrace. Literally everyone involved has blood on their hands.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.