Gritty films

Irreversible is a fucking horrible film. I love gritty, realistic, violent films, but this took the piss. Fucking sick. Like watching real life.

Godfather said:
Irreversible is a fucking horrible film. I love gritty, realistic, violent films, but this took the piss. Fucking sick. Like watching real life.

I personally don't see people getting their heads caved in with fire extinguishers everyday. You must live in a rough area :o

Ntini77 said:
Godfather said:

I personally don't see people getting their heads caved in with fire extinguishers everyday. You must live in a rough area :o

I was on about the rape scene mainly, like watching cctv. Worst thing ive seen in a film.

But the head cave scene is brilliantly shot, not one cutaway, making it look like you are really seing a guys head destroyed by an extinguisher, tough to watch.

Godfather said:
Ntini77 said:

I was on about the rape scene mainly, like watching cctv. Worst thing ive seen in a film.

But the head cave scene is brilliantly shot, not one cutaway, making it look like you are really seing a guys head destroyed by an extinguisher, tough to watch.

Just kiddin man.

Agree though, very tough to watch.

leewill31 said:
mammutly said:
As people have said, Dead Man's Shoes

The Machinist

Requiem For a Dream (as per others)

As somebody mentioned, Once Were Warriors

The Unforgiven

Raging Bull

superb film,quality job by bale!

Bloody hell - I can't stand that film! Thought it was all about Bale showing us what a great method actorrrrr he is - the cock and a relentlessly awful story. Not a fan of the Bale as you can tell and he just seems to do emotionally repressed characters. Would like to see him try a nice musical for a change - but even then he'd be the child catcher in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.

But loved Eastern Promises and the fight in the steam room looks and more importantly sounds real. Viggo Mortensen every time for me - and a History of Violence is pretty good too.

75 posts and the only mention of my favourite ever film was to knock it - trainspotting.
also no mention of this is england? when he invites the black guy round my guts started to churn, i knew it was going to turn out horrific. great film.

citizenblue said:
leewill31 said:
superb film,quality job by bale!

Bloody hell - I can't stand that film! Thought it was all about Bale showing us what a great method actorrrrr he is - the cock and a relentlessly awful story. Not a fan of the Bale as you can tell and he just seems to do emotionally repressed characters. Would like to see him try a nice musical for a change - but even then he'd be the child catcher in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.

But loved Eastern Promises and the fight in the steam room looks and more importantly sounds real. Viggo Mortensen every time for me - and a History of Violence is pretty good too.

i suppose you have to be a fan of bale to like him!

agreed with viggo mortensen though quality actor.

I also reckon Dead mans shoes is up there. Heart breaking film that. It was only the second film Paddy Consedine had starred in.

The first film he was ever in was also another top Shane medows film called A room for Romeo Brass. Any body who has seen Dead mans shoes but not this should defo look it up. It's quite an amusing film in parts that but it gets very disturbing about half way through. Performance wise i'd say Consadine was even better in that than Dead mans Shoes.

The grittiest film i ever saw though is more than likely War Zone. That is just some Bleak shit right there. A very hard watch indeed.

EDIT: I'd also like to give a mention to Mike Lees "Naked" Starring David Thewlis. It was a mainstay of my college years in the mid 90's. I looked back on it about a year ago and it is still a very good film. But it's a bit of a 90 minuite winge all in all and its really only the main character Johnny (played by Thewlis) that makes the film a success.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.