Gritty films

Christiane F. German film about a young 14 year old girl who becomes a heroin addict and prostitute. David Bowie also makes an appearence in the film.

malg said:
mcds said:
Adam and Paul-about 2 Dublin junkies.True to life,very funny and heartbreaking in places.
Got this off Amazon, along with some other recommendations. What a film. It makes Trainspotting look like a Two Ronnies sketch. What a great advert for not taking drugs. Some brilliant acting, and in no way are the two blokes made to look cool, or trendy. Brilliant stuff.
Glad you enjoyed it Malg.

citykev28 said:
75 posts and the only mention of my favourite ever film was to knock it - trainspotting.
also no mention of this is england? when he invites the black guy round my guts started to churn, i knew it was going to turn out horrific. great film.
I didn't mind This is England, but thought it was overhyped. You are spot on about the scene with the black guy, very, very uncomfortable. Someone else recommended Happiness, and boy is that a good watch. There is a scene where a son asks his dad if he is a child abuser. Jesus, what a scene, and so well filmed. Bloody awful to watch.

It is so annoying when you have forgotten to fill up the water reservoir in the car and drive through roadworks or the gravel drive to the home of a minor royal, and end up with a gritty film all over the windscreen that you smear everywhere and have to pull over to resort to large quantities of spittle, a handkerchief or cravat and lots of elbow grease to clear.

sweynforkbeard said:
It is so annoying when you have forgotten to fill up the water reservoir in the car and drive through roadworks or the gravel drive to the home of a minor royal, and end up with a gritty film all over the windscreen that you smear everywhere and have to pull over to resort to large quantities of spittle, a handkerchief or cravat and lots of elbow grease to clear.
That's enough of that sweyn...

malg said:
sweynforkbeard said:
That's enough of that sweyn...

Sorry, Malg. I'll get us back on track.....two very different favourites of mine that I think bear inclusion in this category are Raining Stones and American History X.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.