Guardian interview with Guardiola

Why the fuck would you ask him about Yaya?! No wonder he gave you a 'look.'
Probably because I wanted him to say yes, or no. Something definitive. Not that he had any reason to tell a stranger anything. But, in my opinion, Yaya still has the quality to be a game changer for us, specially with the KDB injury. So long as someone has his back and covers the space he can't get back to (we all know his speed has gone), there aren't many players who can receive the ball from the defence 3rd of the pitch and within 1 or 2 secs hit a dangerous pass or create a goalscoring opportunity into the attacking 3rd. It's all about a quick transition and the success of that mainly is speed of thought. Yaya is still an intelligent player and if all it takes is an apology, then he should hurry up and give one! Exciting times at the club, why would anybody not want to be part of it? As I said, only my opinion.

Probably because I wanted him to say yes, or no. Something definitive. Not that he had any reason to tell a stranger anything. But, in my opinion, Yaya still has the quality to be a game changer for us, specially with the KDB injury. So long as someone has his back and covers the space he can't get back to (we all know his speed has gone), there aren't many players who can receive the ball from the defence 3rd of the pitch and within 1 or 2 secs hit a dangerous pass or create a goalscoring opportunity into the attacking 3rd. It's all about a quick transition and the success of that mainly is speed of thought. Yaya is still an intelligent player and if all it takes is an apology, then he should hurry up and give one! Exciting times at the club, why would anybody not want to be part of it? As I said, only my opinion.
My issue with today's Yaya, and you allude to it, is that it takes someone else to cover his back. IMO we cannot afford to be carrying anyone.

All guesswork now , but i have a feeling he will move to Italy after his stint with city comes to an end. He keeps on talking about Arrigo Sacchi's milan side during a lot of his interview , so i wont be surprised if he moves there. Then to a national team ( Brazil ??? , remember Dani Alves saying something along the line). I think he will retire around 55-57 years and coach youngster in Barcelona's academy......
I believe he will go to Italy and exactly to AC Milan next. But i would love to see him coaching Ajax some day...

I was at that event and managed to meet Pep briefly. I said to him "Pep, are you going to win us the title again this year?" He seemed to wince a bit, to which I then said " have you considered playing Ysya again?". He gave me a 'look', let's leave it at that! He is a genuinely down to earth guy, very cool and seems to have no airs or graces. If our players cannot up their game and perform for this man then we have a problem.

Cringe.

****ing hell, mate.

Don't think you could have picked much worse things to say to him!

Last edited:
Or i could have said 'Pep, how do you replace Zab/Sagna/Kolarov/Clichy/Otamendi/Fernando/Fernandinho/Navas/Hart/Yaya/Nasri/Managua with only £150mil?' It's tricky, you only have 15 seconds - what would you say? Arse kissing not allowed.

The rag fest english press are going to find it very difficult to criticise pep as time goes on, i can see lots of back tracking. If the majority of the press are not careful they will end up looking even bigger twats than they are

I was also at that event and managed to meet Pep briefly. I said to him "Pep, if I told you you had a beautiful body, would you hold it against me?" He seemed to wince a bit, to which I then said "Can I kiss you right on the top of your baldy swede?". He gave me a 'look', let's leave it at that! He is a genuinely down to earth guy, very cool and seems to have no airs or graces. If our players cannot up their game and perform for this man then we have a problem.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.