Guardiola: “If the club wants me, I want to stay here”

I watched the final on Irish TV and he did a hatchet job on the whole club (along with some other pundit I’ve never heard of), he said everything we’re doing is tarnished and the FA should hurry up and get the charges sorted, he’s heard “City are tying the FA up in legal paperwork” because we’re more or less guilty (Shay Given was also on the panel and never said a word).
Also, our win was totally against the run of play
bitter (2).gif

I watched the final on Irish TV and he did a hatchet job on the whole club (along with some other pundit I’ve never heard of), he said everything we’re doing is tarnished and the FA should hurry up and get the charges sorted, he’s heard “City are tying the FA up in legal paperwork” because we’re more or less guilty (Shay Given was also on the panel and never said a word).
Irish media hate us, fuck em, they are a bitter lot

I feel Pep is made for 24/7 running a club, I think he would find running a national team a bit of a let down.

Clearly we should go full Kathy Bates and hobble him so he can't leave, but assuming he does seeing him manage an international team would be fascinating for two reasons. Firstly, how he adapts his philosophies when he doesn't have access to the players as much (or how he he seeks to influence them indirectly). Secondly who he would pick, pretty sure that he would be unafraid to leave out supserstars who didn't fit what he needed. He'd have to find a national association who would tolerate him ruffling feathers in return for a shot at success. Easier said than done.

Clearly we should go full Kathy Bates and hobble him so he can't leave, but assuming he does seeing him manage an international team would be fascinating for two reasons. Firstly, how he adapts his philosophies when he doesn't have access to the players as much (or how he he seeks to influence them indirectly). Secondly who he would pick, pretty sure that he would be unafraid to leave out supserstars who didn't fit what he needed. He'd have to find a national association who would tolerate him ruffling feathers in return for a shot at success. Easier said than done.
I just dont think national football will suit him.
It takes a year for most players to get what he is demanding. Hows that gonna work when he has a week before each game?

If they relegate us then he'll stay to drive us back through the football pyramid thereby ending the "could he do it at a lower level" bollocks.

I just dont think national football will suit him.
It takes a year for most players to get what he is demanding. Hows that gonna work when he has a week before each game?

That's why I said it would be fascinating, because I can't see how it would work without significant changes either for him or a national association.

I wouldn't have thought any of the big beasts of international football would work out as they would interfere too much or be unwilling to meet his expectations. Maybe a second tier association, where not too much of their talent plays overseas, who were willing to make concessions for the national team's success that other countries wouldn't?

Christ….the FA !!….says it all really. Brady was a great player…shit for brains pundit.

That's why I said it would be fascinating, because I can't see how it would work without significant changes either for him or a national association.

I wouldn't have thought any of the big beasts of international football would work out as they would interfere too much or be unwilling to meet his expectations. Maybe a second tier association, where not too much of their talent plays overseas, who were willing to make concessions for the national team's success that other countries wouldn't?
Im sure i read once that he covets the brazil job.
I guess with more technically minded players he stands a chance

Though on your point of more home based players, brazils team pretty much all play abroad

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.