Guardiola: “If the club wants me, I want to stay here”

That's why I said it would be fascinating, because I can't see how it would work without significant changes either for him or a national association.

I wouldn't have thought any of the big beasts of international football would work out as they would interfere too much or be unwilling to meet his expectations. Maybe a second tier association, where not too much of their talent plays overseas, who were willing to make concessions for the national team's success that other countries wouldn't?

The image of Pep managing England and trying to get Jordan Pickford and Maguire to play tiki taka across the defensive line is funny though. They’d end up tripping over their own shoelaces and booting it into the wrong net.

The image of Pep managing England and trying to get Jordan Pickford and Maguire to play tiki taka across the defensive line is funny though. They’d end up tripping over their own shoelaces and booting it into the wrong net.

Too true, I would probably pay good money to watch the training sessions. The other way of looking at it is if you take Jack, Johnny, Kyle, Phil, Rico and Kalvin (and hopefully Cole soon come) then he's got half a national team who (mostly) understands what is required making the task of sorting the others that much more manageable. Come on Bert Millichip, or whoever's in charge of the gaff these days, get him signed up! :-)

Let's hope so, but in the same vein few ppl do anything forever.

17+ years is a hell of a long time when you can literally do anything career wise and have finally conquered this one.
Khaldoon doesn't just head up City. He does a bunch of high level jobs. He's not burning out on City or getting bored any time soon. I can't see him leaving for a long time. He oversees things for HHSM. He's staying put as long as Mansour is happy for him to do so, IMO.

I watched the final on Irish TV and he did a hatchet job on the whole club (along with some other pundit I’ve never heard of), he said everything we’re doing is tarnished and the FA should hurry up and get the charges sorted, he’s heard “City are tying the FA up in legal paperwork” because we’re more or less guilty (Shay Given was also on the panel and never said a word).
Also, our win was totally against the run of play
Did he really say "the FA"? Because if so, he doesn't know the difference between the FA and the PL. Which would be about right for the morons who bleat on about this issue, 99% of them with zero knowledge of the facts.

I just dont think national football will suit him.
It takes a year for most players to get what he is demanding. Hows that gonna work when he has a week before each game?
It would have to be the right country at the right time, with the spine already in place to understand his ideas, ie the England team now with quite a few current and ex City and Arsenal players, Spain 2010-12, Germany 2014 etc.
That gets easier as more and more coaches at all levels of the game start to adopt his principles and ideas.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.