Guardiola now accused of ruining Italian football!

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by Dribble, 9 Nov 2017.

1. cleavers

cleavers

Its 8, in what amounts to a 1 team league, ignoring their equivalent of our charity shield.

Also ignoring the inter-toto in 1999, they haven't won in europe since 1996, better than us of course, but its a poor record really.

2. cleavers

cleavers

Twice in their history, 2 more than us, but hardly "proven CL winners".

3. malg

malg

I loved watching Juventus at our gaff a couple of seasons back. The way they played out from the back was amazing. We closed them down, and Buffon continued to play it short - it was brilliant to watch. We now do that, but with more attacking intent.

4. nmc

nmc

la vecchia signora è una puttana

5. TCIB

TCIB

Oh yeah it was a bitter comment but however much he wanted it to come out as a defiant stance it comes over very weak and bitter. I am glad because it is about time that got smashed.

6. Dax777

Dax777

Well this is either not true or Otamendi stays after hours to practice by himself. Coz he sure has the "face holding" move down pat.

7. johnnytapia

johnnytapia

You're right, but I was trying to dampen a bit of the idea that we're suddenly a great deal better than Juve. We are playing absolutely sublime football at the moment, better than I've ever seen, but we ain't won a carrot yet under Pep and I shudder slightly when I see things like Karen saying they're fearing us. They've played over 250 games in European Cup. We've played 56. They're 8 times finalists. Twice winners. And there's a reason it's been a one-team league - Juve are a very, very good team. And, whilst I expect they'll take any game against us very seriously and would clearly see us as a threat, I believe their history proves they wouldn't fear us. Or anyone else for that matter. They're part of Europe's elite - IMHO.

8. Dax777

Dax777

Perhaps. But they will get beat though. Fear or not :)

9. ballinio

ballinio

Bit strong mate

10. Neville Kneville

Neville Kneville

Because every year in football is the same, so the Liverpool team with Souness in it, would undoubtably finish above us in the Prem & win the Champions League now, or Nottingham Forest perhaps, or Liverpool under Rafa, or Utd maybe, or Jose's Inter.

Or my fucking arse.